Report NEP-AFR-2012-11-03This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Terence McNamee, 2012. "Competitor, Colonizer or Developer? The Many Faces of China in Africa," EABER Working Papers 23340, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- AfDB AfDB, 2012. "Africa and Global Economic Trends Quarterly Review - Third Quarter 2012," Africa and Global Economic Trends Quarterly Review 411, African Development Bank.
- Annari de Waal and ReneÃ© van Eyden, 2012. "Monetary policy and inflation in South Africa: A VECM augmented with foreign variables," Working Papers 316, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Lee Robinson & Alice Nicole Sindzingre, 2012. "China’s Ambiguous Impacts on Commodity-Dependent Countries: the Example of Sub-Saharan Africa (with a Focus on Zambia)," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-39, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Audrey Menard, 2012. "Do natural resources condition the aidgovernance relationship? Evidence from Africa," Working Papers of BETA 2012-18, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Matkovskyy, Roman, 2012. "The Index of the Financial Safety (IFS) of South Africa and Bayesian Estimates for IFS Vector-Autoregressive Model," MPRA Paper 42173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ellyne, Mark & Veller, Carl, 2011. "What is the SARB's inflation targeting policy, and is it appropriate?," MPRA Paper 42134, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matkovskyy, Roman, 2012. "Forecasting the Index of Financial Safety (IFS) of South Africa using neural networks," MPRA Paper 42153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerritzen, Berit C., 2012. "Women’s Empowerment and HIV Prevention in Rural Malawi," Economics Working Paper Series 1222, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Alwyn Young, 2012. "The African Growth Miracle," NBER Working Papers 18490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michelle Christian, 2012. "Economic and social up(down)grading in tourism global production networks: findings from Kenya and Uganda," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2012-11, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Audrey Menard, 2012. "Why foreign aid does (not) improve democracy?," Working Papers of BETA 2012-19, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012. "Fighting corruption when existing corruption-control levels count : what do wealth-effects tell us in Africa?," MPRA Paper 42180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adenaeuer, Lucie, 2012. "The Impact Of Foreign Direct Investment (Fdi) On The Future Sustainable Development Of Ethiopia," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137162, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Falco, Paolo & Maloney, William F. & Rijkers, Bob & Sarrias, Mauricio, 2012. "Heterogeneity in subjective wellbeing : an application to occupational allocation in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6244, The World Bank.
- Élisé Wendlassida Miningou, 2012. "Performances de l'éducation primaire au Burkina Faso : une analyse multi-outputs," Cahiers de recherche 12-13, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Moyer-Lee, Jason & Prowse, Martin, 2012. "How traceability is restructuring Malawi’s tobacco industry," IOB Working Papers 2012.05, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- Kambale Mirembe, Omer, 2012. "Taxation and public service provision: Taxes on road transport and fuel in Congo," IOB Working Papers 2012.06, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).