Report NEP-AFR-2012-09-03This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2012. "Growth of African Economies: Productivity, Policy Syndromes and the Importance of Institutions," CSAE Working Paper Series 2012-11, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Andreas Chai & Wolfhard Kaus, 2012. "Conspicuous consumption and the distribution of income within social groups," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201202, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Epiphane Sodjinou & Arne Henningsen, 2012. "Community-Based Management and Interrelations between Different Technology Adoption Decisions: Innovations in Village Poultry Farming in Western Africa," IFRO Working Paper 2012/11, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Lall, Somik V. & Brink, Rogier van den & Dasgupta, Basab & Leresche, Kay Muir, 2012. "Shelter from the storm -- but disconnected from jobs : lessons from urban South Africa on the importance of coordinating housing and transport policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6173, The World Bank.
- Kankwamba, Henry & Mangisoni, Julius H. & Simtowe, Franklin & Mausch, Kai & Siambi, Moses, 2012. "Improved Legume Seed Demand Systems In Central Malawi: What Do Farmers’ Seed Expenditures Say About Their Preferences?," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 131684, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Holden, Stein T. & Lunduka, Rodney, 2012. "Input Subsidies, Cash Constraints and Timing of Input Supply:-Experimental Evidence from Malawi," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 131460, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mahdi, Shireen, 2012. "Distance to market and search costs in an African maize market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6172, The World Bank.
- Wood, Benjamin & Nelson, Carl H. & Kilic, Talip & Murray, Siobhan, 2012. "Up in Smoke?: Agricultural Commercialization,Rising Food Prices and Stunting in Malawi," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 131261, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Seedwell Hove & Albert Touna Mama & Fulbert Tchana Tchana, 2012. "Monetary policy and commodity terms of trade shocks in emerging market economies," Working Papers 307, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2012. "Market structure and coherence of international cooperation: the case of the dairy sector in Malawi," Working Papers 131464, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Catherine Araujo Bonjean & Stéphanie Brunelin & Catherine Simonet, 2012. "Impact of climate related shocks on child's health in Burkina Faso," Working Papers halshs-00725253, HAL.
- Adrienne M. Lucas & Isaac M. Mbiti, 2012. "Access, Sorting and Achievement: the Short-Run Effects of Free Primary Education in Kenya," Working Papers 12-10, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Ulrike Lorenz, 2012. "Transformations on Whose Terms? Understanding the New EU-ACP Trade Relations from the Outside In," KFG Working Papers p0040, Free University Berlin.
- Nyanjong', Oyugi Johana & Lagat, Job, 2012. "Analysis of efficiency in sugarcane production: the case of men and women headed households in SONY sugar out -grower zone, Rongo and Trans-Mara districts, Kenya," MPRA Paper 40796, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Isis Gaddis & Lionel Demery, 2012. "Benefit incidence analysis, needs and demography. Measurement issues and an empirical study for Kenya," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 122, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Mahdi, Shireen, 2012. "Quality contingent contracts : evidence from Tanzania's coffee market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6171, The World Bank.
- Fouda Ekobena, Simon Yannick, 2012.
"Politique monétaire et croissance économique en zone cemac [une évaluation empirique en données de panel]
[Monetary policy and economic growth in cemac zone [a panel data approach]]," MPRA Paper 40923, University Library of Munich, Germany.