Report NEP-AFR-2011-09-22This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Max Köhler & Stefan Sperlich & Julian Vortmeyer, 2011. "The Africa-Dummy in Growth Regressions," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 94, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Stan du Plessis, 2011. "Nationalising South African mines: Back to a prosperous future, or down a rabbit hole?," Working Papers 17/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Kai Thaler, 2011. "Socio-economic conditions, young men and violence in Cape Town," Research Working Papers 50, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Yifei Huang & Raju J Singh, 2011. "Financial Deepening, Property Rights and Poverty; Evidence From Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 11/196, .
- Kai Thaler, 2011. "Weapons, Violence and the Perpetrator-Victim Nexus in South Africa," Research Working Papers 51, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Robert C York & Misa Takebe, 2011. "External Sustainability of Oil-Producing Sub-Saharan African Countries," IMF Working Papers 11/207, .
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2011. "Do institutions and social cohesion enhance the effectiveness of aid? New Evidence from Africa," ICER Working Papers 13-2011, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Kgare, Tshepo & Raballand, Gael & Ittmann, Hans W., 2011. "Cargo dwell time in Durban : lessons for Sub-Saharan African ports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5794, The World Bank.
- Catherine Laroche Dupraz & Angèle Postolle, 2011. "Food sovereignty and agricultural trade policy commitments: How much leeway do West African nations have?," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 11-03, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Slavi T Slavov, 2011. "De Jure Versus De Facto Exchange Rate Regimes in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 11/198, International Monetary Fund.
- Nir Klein, 2011. "South Africa; The Cyclical Behavior of the Markups and its Implications for Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 11/204, .
- Jeremy Seekings & Kai Thaler, 2011. "Socio-economic conditions, young men and violence in Cape Town," Research Working Papers 49, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Tien, Bienvenue N., 2011. "Surviving the Turbulence Is Not Enough: Can Côte d'Ivoire Flourish Again?," IZA Policy Papers 30, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gaston K Mpatswe & Sampawende J Tapsoba & Robert C York, 2011. "The Cyclicality of Fiscal Policies in the CEMAC Region," IMF Working Papers 11/205, .
- Isabell Adenauer & Javier Arze del Granado, 2011. "Burkina Faso; Policies to Protect the Poor From the Impact of Food and Energy Price Increases," IMF Working Papers 11/202, International Monetary Fund.
- Loening, Josef L., 2010. "Chad: rural policy note," MPRA Paper 28951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- FE, Doukouré Charles, 2011.
"Qualité des Institutions et Commerce International: Évidence à Partir des Exportations de l'UEMOA
[Institutions Quality and International Trade: Evidence from WAEMU Exports]," MPRA Paper 33333, University Library of Munich, Germany.