Report NEP-AFR-2011-05-14This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Birte Pohl, 2011. "Spillover and Competition Effects: Evidence from the sub-Saharan African Banking Sector," GIGA Working Paper Series 165, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Charl Jooste & Alfredo Cuevas & Ian C. Stuart & Philippe Burger, 2011. "Fiscal sustainability and the fiscal reaction function for South Africa," IMF Working Papers 11/69, International Monetary Fund.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore & Zhang, Xu, 2010. "Why a diversified portfolio should include African assets," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2010-15, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Marc Gurgand & Adrien Lorenceau & Thomas Mélonio, 2011. "Student loans: Liquidity constraint and higher education in South Africa," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590898, HAL.
- Azam, Jean-Paul, 2010. "A State is Born: Transport Infrastructure and Democracy in Somaliland," IDEI Working Papers 668, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Kangni R Kpodar & Mihasonirina Andrianaivo, 2011. "ICT, Financial Inclusion, and Growth; Evidence from African Countries," IMF Working Papers 11/73, International Monetary Fund.
- Philippe Egoume Bossogo & Ankouvi Nayo, 2011. "Feeling The Elephantâ€™s Weight; The Impact of CÃ´te dâ€™Ivoireâ€™s Crisis on WAEMU Trade," IMF Working Papers 11/80, International Monetary Fund.
- Nicholas Wilson, 2010. "Economic Growth and the HIV/AIDS Pandemic: Evidence from the Early 21st Century Copper Boom," Center for Development Economics 2011-04, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Kassie, Menale & Zikhali, Precious & Pender, John & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2011. "Sustainable Agricultural Practices and Agricultural Productivity in Ethiopia: Does Agroecology Matter?," Discussion Papers dp-11-05-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Abebe Damte & Steven F. Koch, 2011. "Non-Timber Forest Products Dependence, Property Rights And Local Level Institutions: Empirical Evidence From Ethiopia," Working Papers 201111, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Peterson, Stephen, 2011. "Why It Worked: Critical Success Factors of a Financial Reform Project in Africa," Working Paper Series 11-019, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jaud, Melise & Kukenova, Madina, 2011. "Financial development and survival of African agri-food exports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5649, The World Bank.
- Chiwaula, Levison & Waibel, Hermann, 2011. "Seasonal bias in household vulnerability to poverty stimates: insights from a natural experiment," MPRA Paper 30716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesca MARCHETTA, 2011. "On the Move Livelihood Strategies in Northern Ghana," Working Papers 201113, CERDI.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Massa Coulibaly & Govinda R. Timilsina & Luc Savard, 2011. "Economic and Distributional Impacts of Biofuels in Mali," Cahiers de recherche 11-08, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke, revised May 2011.
- Mohamed El Harrak & Antonio David & Lorraine Ocampos & Marshall Mills, 2011. "Oil Spill(over)s; Linkages in Petroleum Product Pricing Policies in West African Countries," IMF Working Papers 11/102, International Monetary Fund.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Demonsant, Jean-Luc, 2011. "Education and Migration Choices in Hierarchical Societies: The Case of Matam, Senegal," IDEI Working Papers 672, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 0000.