Report NEP-AFR-2007-08-18This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Suzanne McCoskey issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kate Bayliss & Terry McKinley, 2007. "Privatising Basic Utilities in Sub-Saharan Africa: The MDG Impact," Policy Research Brief 3, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Stan du Plessis & Willem Boshoff, 2007. "A fiscal rule to produce counter-cyclical fiscal policy in South Africa," Working Papers 13/2007, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Douglas Gollin & Christian Zimmermann, 2007. "Malaria: Disease Impacts and Long-Run Income Differences," Working papers 2007-30, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2010.
- Estian Calitz & Johan Fourie, 2007. "Infrastructure in South Africa: Who is to finance and who is to pay?," Working Papers 15/2007, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Willem Boshoff, 2007. "Price elasticity and other forces shaping cigarette demand in South Africa over 1996-2006," Working Papers 14/2007, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Terry McKinley & Degol Hailu, 2006. "The Macroeconomic Debate on Scaling up HIV/AIDS Financing," Policy Research Brief 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Catia Batista & Pedro C. Vicente, 2007. "Brain Drain or Brain Gain?Micro Evidence from an African Success Story," Economics Series Working Papers 343, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Davies, Simon, 2007. "Remittances as insurance for idiosyncratic and covariate shocks in Malawi: The importance of distance and relationship," MPRA Paper 4463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rob Vos, 2007. "What we do and don’t know about trade liberalization and poverty reduction," Working Papers 50, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Osamu Kubota, 2007. "Adjustment Options and Strategies in the Context of Agricultural Policy Reform and Trade Liberalisation," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 4, OECD Publishing.
- COMOLA Margherita, 2007. "The network structure of informal arrangements : evidence from rural Tanzania," Research Unit Working Papers 0708, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.