Report NEP-AFR-2006-08-26This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Suzanne McCoskey issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Rulof Burger & Derek Yu, 2006. "Wage trends in post-apartheid South Africa: Constructing an earnings series from household survey data," Working Papers 10/2006, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Alemayehu Geda, 2006. "Openness, Inequality and Poverty in Africa," Working Papers 25, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Todd J. Moss & Vijaya Ramachandran & Manju Kedia Shah, 2004. "Is Africa’s Skepticism of Foreign Capital Justified? Evidence from East African Firm Survey Data," Working Papers 41, Center for Global Development.
- Benn Eifert & Alan Gelb & Vijaya Ramachandran, 2005. "Business Environment and Comparative Advantage in Africa: Evidence from the Investment Climate Data," Working Papers 56, Center for Global Development.
- Todd Moss & Scott Standley & Nancy Birdsall, 2004. "Double-Standards, Debt Treatment, and World Bank Country Classification: The Case of Nigeria-Revised November 2004," Working Papers 45, Center for Global Development.
- Todd Moss & David Roodman & Scott Standley, 2005. "The Global War on Terror and U.S. Development Assistance: USAID allocation by country, 1998-2005," Working Papers 62, Center for Global Development.
- Nancy Birdsall, 2004. "Underfunded Regionalism in the Developing World," Working Papers 49, Center for Global Development.
- Alessandro Prati & Thierry Tressel, 2006. "What is the Most Effective Monetary Policy for Aid-Receiving Countries?," Working Papers 12, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Steve Radelet, 2005. "From Pushing Reforms to Pulling Reforms: The Role of Challenge Programs in Foreign Aid Policy," Working Papers 53, Center for Global Development.
- Nancy Birdsall & Brian Deese, 2004. "Beyond HIPC: Secure Sustainable Debt Relief for Poor Countries," Working Papers 46, Center for Global Development.
- Maureen Lewis, 2005. "Addressing the Challenge of HIV/AIDS: Macroeconomic, Fiscal and Institutional Issues," Working Papers 58, Center for Global Development.
- Tahirou Abdoulaye & John Sanders, 2005. "New Technologies, Marketing Strategies and Public Policy for Traditional Food Crops: Millet in Niger," Working Papers 05-07, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.