Random Fractal Structures in North American Energy Markets
In: Quantitative And Empirical Analysis Of Energy Markets
AbstractThe following sections are included:IntroductionData and Statistical AnalysisThe Above and Below Test for RandomnessThe Hurst TestA Fractal Noise ModelThe Power SpectrumThe Structure Function TestA Multifractal Data AnalysisOn Turbulent BehaviorConclusion
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its series World Scientific Book Chapters with number
9789812770462_0018.||Handle:|| RePEc:wsi:wschap:9789812770462_0018||Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscientific.com/page/worldscibooks|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Apostolos Serletis & Periklis Gogas, 2007.
"The North American Natural Gas Liquids Markets are Chaotic,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Quantitative And Empirical Analysis Of Energy Markets, chapter 17, pages 225-244
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Apostolos Serletis & Periklis Gogas, 1999. "The North American Natural Gas Liquids Markets are Chaotic," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 83-103.
- Serletis, A. & Gogas, P., 1998. "The North American Natural Gas Liquids Markets are Chaotic," Papers 98-10, Calgary - Department of Economics.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Gogas, Periklis, 1999. "The North American natural gas liquids markets are chaotic," MPRA Paper 1576, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barnett, William A. & Serletis, Apostolos, 2000.
"Martingales, nonlinearity, and chaos,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 703-724, June.
- William A. Barnett & Apostolos Serletis, 1998. "Martingales, Nonlinearity, and Chaos," Econometrics 9805003, EconWPA.
- William Barnett & Apostolos Serletis, 2012. "Martingales, Nonlinearity, And Chaos," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201225, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Apostolos Serletis & Ricardo Rangel-Ruiz, 2007. "Testing for Common Features in North American Energy Markets," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Quantitative And Empirical Analysis Of Energy Markets, chapter 14, pages 172-187 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Serletis, Apostolos & Rangel-Ruiz, Ricardo, 2004. "Testing for common features in North American energy markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 401-414, May.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. " Does the Stock Market Rationally Reflect Fundamental Values?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 591-601, July.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wschap:9789812770462_0018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.