An Imputation to the Measure of Economic Growth for Changes in Life Expectancy
In: The Measurement of Economic and Social Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mishan, E J, 1971. "Evaluation of Life and Limb: A Theoretical Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 687-705, July-Aug..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Papageorgiou, Chris & Savvides, Andreas & Zachariadis, Marios, 2007.
"International medical technology diffusion,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 409-427, July.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Andreas Savvides & Marios Zachariadis, 2005. "International Medical Technology Diffusion," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 2-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Andreas Savvides & Marios Zachariadis, 2006. "International Medical Technology Diffsion," 2006 Meeting Papers 23, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jamison, Dean T. & Murphy, Shane M. & Sandbu, Martin E., 2016. "Why has under-5 mortality decreased at such different rates in different countries?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 16-25.
- repec:asb:wpaper:201216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2010.
"Population and Health Policies,"
Handbook of Development Economics,
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2009. "Population and Health Policies," IZA Discussion Papers 4340, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schultz, Paul, 2009. "Population and Health Policies," Working Papers 66, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2009. "Population and Health Policies," Working Papers 974, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 2007.
"The Value of Life and the Rise in Health Spending,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(1), pages 39-72.
- D.P. Doessel & Ruth F.G. Williams, 2012. "The New Welfare Measures," Working Papers 2012.07, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Francesco Ricci & Marios Zachariadis, 2006.
"Determinants of Public Health Outcomes: A Macroeconomic Perspective,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c011_045, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Francesco Ricci & Marios Zachariadis, 2006. "Determinants of Public Health Outcomes: A Macroeconomic Perspective," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 107, Society for Computational Economics.
- Leroux, Marie-Louise & Ponthiere, Gregory, 2013.
"Utilitarianism and unequal longevities: A remedy?,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 888-899.
- Grégory Ponthière & Marie-Louise Leroux, 2009. "Utilitarianism and unequal longevities: A remedy?," PSE Working Papers halshs-00566858, HAL.
- LEROUX, Marie - Louise & PONTHIERE, Grégory, 2010. "Utilitarianism and unequal longevities : A remedy?," CORE Discussion Papers 2010043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marie-Louise Leroux & Grégory Ponthière, 2013. "Utilitarianism and unequal longevities: A remedy?," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-00813226, HAL.
- Domínguez Martín, R. & Guijarro Garvi, M., 2001. "Hacia una reconstrucción normativa del bienestar: evolución del Índice Físico de Calidad de Vida en España, 1900-1960," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 18, pages 157-174, Agosto.
- Anupam Jena & Casey Mulligan & Tomas J. Philipson & Eric Sun, 2008. "The Value of Life in General Equilibrium," NBER Working Papers 14157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bleichrodt, Han & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 2006.
"Survival risks, intertemporal consumption, and insurance: The case of distorted probabilities,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 335-346, April.
- H. Bleichrodt & L. Eeckhoudt, 2006. "Survival risks, intertemporal consumption, and insurance: The case of distorted probabilities," Post-Print hal-00199632, HAL.
- Daniel Gallardo Albarr‡n, 2017.
"Missed opportunities? The development of human welfare in Western Europe, 1913-1950,"
0114, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Gallardo Albarran, Daniel, 2017. "Missed opportunities? The development of human welfare in Western Europe, 1913-1950," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-166, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Emanuele Felice, 2012. "Neither dashboard nor 'mashup' indices: an empirical wealth approach as a pathway to a comprehensive measure of development," UHE Working papers 2012_01, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Fay Abizadeh & Sohrab Abizadeh & Alexander Basilevsky, 1990. "Potential for economic development: A quantitative approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 97-113, February.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1998. "The Health of Nations: Irving Fisher and the Contribution of Improved Longevity to Living Standards," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1200, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Daniel Cerqueira & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2016.
"The Welfare Cost of Homicides in Brazil: Accounting for Heterogeneity in the Willingness to Pay for Mortality Reductions,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(3), pages 259-276, March.
- Daniel R.C. Cerqueira & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2012. "The Welfare Cost of Homicides in Brazil: Accounting for Heterogeneity in the Willingness to Pay for Mortality Reductions," Textos para discussão 600, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Chris Papageorgiou & Andreas Savvides & Marios Zachariadis, 2004. "International Medical R&D Spillovers," Departmental Working Papers 2004-03, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Alberini, Anna & Chiabai, Aline, 2007.
"Urban environmental health and sensitive populations: How much are the Italians willing to pay to reduce their risks?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 239-258, March.
- Anna Alberini & Aline Chiabai, 2005. "Urban Environmental Health and Sensitive Populations: How Much are the Italians Willing to Pay to Reduce Their Risks?," Working Papers 2005.105, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Anna Alberini & Aline Chiabai, 2006. "Urban Environmental Health and Sensitive Populations: How Much Are the Italians Willing to Pay to Reduce Their Risks?," ERSA conference papers ersa06p293, European Regional Science Association.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2005. "The tortoise and the hare : economic growth in Britain and the Netherlands c.1500-1800," Working Papers 200524, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Gregory Ponthiere, 2007. "Monetizing Longevity Gains under Welfare Interdependencies: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 449-469, September.
- Grégory Ponthière, 2007. "Les conditions de vie en France se sont-elles détériorées vis-à-vis de celles prévalant aux Etats-Unis? Un autre regard sur la thèse du décrochage français," CREPP Working Papers 0702, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:3616. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .