Sally Clark Stearns
Department of Health Policy and Management Chapel Hill, North Carolina (United States)
Gillings School of Global Public Health
University of North Carolina-Chapel-Hill
RePEc:edi:dhuncus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Young Kyung Do & Edward C. Norton & Sally Stearns & Courtney H. Van Houtven, 2013. "Informal Care and Caregiver's Health," NBER Working Papers 19142, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li-Jung E. Ku & Sally C. Stearns & Courtney H. Van Houtven & Shoou-Yih D. Lee & Peggye Dilworth-Anderson & Thomas R. Konrad, 2013. "Impact of Caring for Grandchildren on the Health of Grandparents in Taiwan," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 68(6), pages 1009-1021.
- Li-Jung Ku & Sally Stearns & Courtney Houtven & George Holmes, 2012. "The health effects of caregiving by grandparents in Taiwan: an instrumental variable estimation," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 521-540, December.
- Euna Han & Edward C. Norton & Sally C. Stearns, 2009. "Weight and wages: fat versus lean paychecks," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 535-548.
- Sukyung Chung & Marisa E. Domino & Sally C. Stearns, 2009. "The Effect of Retirement on Weight," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 64(5), pages 656-665.
- France Weaver & Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton & William Spector, 2009. "Proximity to death and participation in the long-term care market," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 867-883.
- Sally C. Stearns & Laura P. D'Arcy, 2008. "Staying the Course: Facility and Profession Retention Among Nursing Assistants in Nursing Homes," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 63(3), pages 113-121.
- Heather L. Bednarek & Rowena A. Pecchenino & Sally C. Stearns, 2008. "Do Your Neighbors Influence Your Health?," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(2), pages 301-315, April.
- Michele Wilson & Courtney Houtven & Sally Stearns & Elizabeth Clipp, 2007. "Depression and Missed Work among Informal Caregivers of Older Individuals with Dementia," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 684-698, December.
- R. Konetzka & Edward Norton & Sally Stearns, 2006. "Medicare payment changes and nursing home quality: effects on long-stay residents," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 173-189, September.
- Edward Norton & Hua Wang & Sally Stearns, 2006. "Behavioral Implications of Out-of-Pocket Health Care Expenditures," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(V), pages 3-11.
- Sheryl Zimmerman & Philip D. Sloane & J. Kevin Eckert & Ann L. Gruber-Baldini & Leslie A. Morgan & J. Richard Hebel & Jay Magaziner & Sally C. Stearns & Cory K. Chen, 2005. "How Good Is Assisted Living? Findings and Implications From an Outcomes Study," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 60(4), pages 195-204.
- Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton, 2004. "Time to include time to death? The future of health care expenditure predictions," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 315-327.
- Zhou Yang & Edward C. Norton & Sally C. Stearns, 2003. "Longevity and Health Care Expenditures," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 58(1), pages 2-10.
- Michelle M. Mello & Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton, 2002. "Do Medicare HMOs still reduce health services use after controlling for selection bias?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 323-340.
- Ming Tai-Seale & Thomas H. Rice & Sally C. Stearns, 1998. "Volume responses to medicare payment reductions with multiple payers: a test of the McGuire-Pauly model," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 199-219.
- Ghosh, C. S. & Ravindran, P. & Joshi, M. & Stearns, Sally C., 1998. "Reductions in hospital use from self management training for chronic asthmatics," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1087-1093, April.
- Weintraub, Jane A. & Stearns, Sally C. & Burt, Brian A. & Beltran, Eugenio & Eklund, Stephen A., 1993. "A retrospective analysis of the cost-effectiveness of dental sealants in a children's health center," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 1483-1493, June.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 1 paper announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Sally Clark Stearns should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.