|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
Alliance Manchester Business School Manchester, United Kingdom
University of Manchester
: +44 (0) 161 275 6333
Booth Street West, Manchester, M15 6PB
RePEc:edi:bsmanuk (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Chapters Books
- Anton Golub & John Keane & Ser-Huang Poon, 2012. "High Frequency Trading and Mini Flash Crashes," Papers 1211.6667, arXiv.org.
- POON, Ser-Huang & ROCKINGER, Michael & TAWN, Jonathan, 2001.
"New Extreme-Value Dependance Measures and Finance Applications,"
HEC Research Papers Series
719, HEC Paris.
- Ser-Huang Poon & Michael Rockinger & J. Tawn, 2001. "New Extreme-Value Dependance Measures and Finance Applications," Working Papers hal-00597018, HAL.
- Poon, Ser-Huang & Rockinger, Michael & Tawn, Jonathan, 2001. "New Extreme-Value Dependence Measures and Finance Applications," CEPR Discussion Papers 2762, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Batiz-Zuk, Enrique & Christodoulakis, George & Poon, Ser-Huang, 2015. "Credit contagion in the presence of non-normal shocks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 129-139.
- Grossmass Lidan & Poon Ser-Huang, 2015. "Estimating dynamic copula dependence using intraday data," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 19(4), pages 501-529, September.
- Luiz Vitiello & Ser-Huang Poon, 2014. "Non-monotonic pricing kernel and an extended class of mixture of distributions for option pricing," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 241-259, July.
- Lee, Yongwoong & Poon, Ser-Huang, 2014. "Forecasting and decomposition of portfolio credit risk using macroeconomic and frailty factors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 69-92.
- Poon, Ser-Huang & Rockinger, Michael & Stathopoulos, Konstantinos, 2013. "Market liquidity and institutional trading during the 2007–8 financial crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 86-97.
- Chen, Yu-Wang & Poon, Ser-Huang & Yang, Jian-Bo & Xu, Dong-Ling & Zhang, Dongxu & Acomb, Simon, 2012. "Belief rule-based system for portfolio optimisation with nonlinear cash-flows and constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(3), pages 775-784.
- Hilal, Sawsan & Poon, Ser-Huang & Tawn, Jonathan, 2011. "Hedging the black swan: Conditional heteroskedasticity and tail dependence in S&P500 and VIX," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2374-2387, September.
- Luiz Vitiello & Ser‐Huang Poon, 2010. "General equilibrium and preference free model for pricing options under transformed gamma distribution," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(5), pages 409-431, May.
- Ser-Huang Poon, 2004. "Extreme Value Dependence in Financial Markets: Diagnostics, Models, and Financial Implications," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(2), pages 581-610.
- Ser-Huang Poon & Clive W.J. Granger, 2003. "Forecasting Volatility in Financial Markets: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 478-539, June.
- Bevan Blair & Ser-Huang Poon & Stephen Taylor, 2002. "Asymmetric and crash effects in stock volatility for the S&P 100 index and its constituents," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 319-329.
- Blair, Bevan J. & Poon, Ser-Huang & Taylor, Stephen J., 2001. "Forecasting S&P 100 volatility: the incremental information content of implied volatilities and high-frequency index returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 5-26, November.
- Blair, Bevan J. & Poon, Ser-Huang & Taylor, Stephen J., 2001. "Modelling S&P 100 volatility: The information content of stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1665-1679, September.
- Martens, Martin & Poon, Ser-Huang, 2001. "Returns synchronization and daily correlation dynamics between international stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1805-1827, October.
- Ser‐Huang Poon & Peter, F. Pope, 2000. "Trading volatility spreads: a test of index option market efficiency," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 6(2), pages 235-260, June.
- L. Copeland & S. H. Poon & R. C. Stapleton, 2000. "The Determinants of Implied Volatility: A Test Using LIFFE Option Prices," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(7&8), pages 859-885.
- Ser‐Huang Poon, 1996. "Persistence and mean reversion in UK stock returns," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 2(2), pages 169-196, July.
- Poon, Ser-Huang & Taylor, Stephen J., 1992. "Stock returns and volatility: An empirical study of the UK stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 37-59, February.
- Ke Chen & Ser-Huang Poon, 2013. "Derivatives pricing with affine models and numerical implementation," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 6, pages 148-168 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yongwoong Lee & Ser-Huang Poon, 2013. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo with particle filtering," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 7, pages 169-194 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Poon, Ser-Huang, 2005. "Asset Pricing in Discrete Time: A Complete Markets Approach," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199271443.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
RankingsThis author is among the top 5% authors according to these criteria:
- Number of Citations
- Number of Citations, Discounted by Citation Age
- Number of Citations, Weighted by Number of Authors
- Number of Citations, Weighted by Number of Authors, Discounted by Citation Age
- Euclidian citation score
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 1 paper announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Ser-Huang Poon should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.