by members of
These are publications listed in RePEc written by members of the above institution who are registered with the RePEc Author Service. Thus this compiles the works all those currently affiliated with this institutions, not those affilated at the time of publication. List of registered members. Register yourself. This page is updated in the first days of each month.
University of Northern British Columbia
Prince George, Canada
| Journal articles |
- Bowles, Paul & Ajit, D. & Dempsey, Keely & Shaw, Trevor, 2011. "Urban Aboriginal use of fringe financial institutions: Survey evidence from Prince George, British Columbia," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 895-902.
- Fiona MacPhail & Paul Bowles, 2009. "Corporate Social Responsibility as Support for Employee Volunteers: Impacts, Gender Puzzles and Policy Implications in Canada," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 84(3), pages 405-416, February.
- Fiona MacPhail & Paul Bowles, 2008. "Temporary work and neoliberal government policy: evidence from British Columbia, Canada," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 545-563.
- Paul Bowles & Fiona MacPhail, 2008. "Introduction to the Special Issue on Pathways from Casual Work to Economic Security: Canadian and International Perspectives," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 88(1), pages 1-13, August.
- Fiona MacPhail & Paul Bowles, 2008. "From Casual Work to Economic Security: The Case of British Columbia," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 88(1), pages 97-114, August.
- Michele Breton & Karima Fredj & Georges Zaccour, 2006. "International Cooperation, Coalitions Stability And Free Riding In A Game Of Pollution Control," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 74(1), pages 103-122, 01.
- Dong, Xiao-Yuan & MacPhail, Fiona & Bowles, Paul & Ho, Samuel P. S., 2004. "Gender Segmentation at Work in China's Privatized Rural Industry: Some Evidence from Shandong and Jiangsu," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 979-998, June.
- Samuel Ho & Paul Bowles & Xiaoyuan Dong, 2003. "'Letting Go of the Small': An Analysis of the Privatisation of Rural Enterprises in Jiangsu and Shandong," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 1-26.
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Bowles, Paul & Ho, Samuel P. S., 2002. "Share Ownership and Employee Attitudes: Some Evidence from China's Postprivatization Rural Industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 812-835, December.
- Xiao-yuan Dong & Paul Bowles, 2002. "Segmentation et discrimination dans le marché du travail émergent de l'industrie chinoise," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 16(3), pages 73-111.
- Samuel P.S. Ho & Xiao-Yuan Dong & Paul Bowles & Fiona MacPhail, 2002. "Privatization and enterprise wage structures during transition: Evidence from rural industry in china," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 10(3), pages 659-688, November.
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Bowles, Paul, 2002. "Segmentation and discrimination in China's emerging industrial labor market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 170-196.
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Bowles, Paul & Ho, Samuel P. S., 2002. "The Determinants of Employee Ownership in China's Privatized Rural Industry: Evidence from Jiangsu and Shandong," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 415-437, June.
- Paul Bowles, 2000. "Assessing the Impact of Proposed Bank Mergers on Rural Communities: A Case Study of Bbritish Columbia," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 17-39, July.
- Bowles, Paul & Dong, Xiao-Yuan, 1999. "Enterprise Ownership, Enterprise Organisation, and Worker Attitudes in Chinese Rural Industry: Some New Evidence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Paul Bowles & Barnet Wagman, 1997. "Globalization and the Welfare State: Four Hypotheses and Some Empirical Evidence," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 317-336, Summer.
- Bowles, Paul & MacLean, Brian, 1996. "Regional Trading Blocs: Will East Asia Be Next?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 393-412, July.
- Bowles, Paul & White, Gordon, 1989. "Contradictions in China's Financial Reforms: The Relationship between Banks and Enterprises," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 481-95, December.
- Bowles, Paul, 1987. "Foreign aid and domestic savings in less developed countries: Some tests for causality," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 789-796, June.
- Bowles, Paul, 1986. "Adam Smith and the 'Natural Progress of Opulence.'," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(29), pages 109-18, February.
- Paul Bowles, 1984. "John Millar, the Four-Stages Theory, and Women's Position in Society," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 619-638, Winter.