Aspects of Modern Monetary and Macroeconomic Policies
- Philip Arestis() (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom)Eckhard Hein() (Berlin School of Economics and Law, Germany)Edwin Le Heron() (Association pour le Développement des Etudes Keynésiennes, France)Registered editor(s):
Over the last 30 years or so the developments in the area of monetary and macroeconomic policies have been quite substantial. Within the new consensus macroeconomics (NCM), monetary policy is upgraded while fiscal policy is downgraded. This new monetary policy has been the main instrument of policy under the guise of inflation targeting, an approach pursued by a number of central banks worldwide. In this book a number of questions relating to this new monetary and macroeconomic policy approach are raised. NCM is compared to post-Keynesian alternatives on a theoretical level and the consequences of NCM for economic policy outcomes and macroeconomic performance are discussed. Finally, the book covers some empirical studies on recent monetary and macroeconomic policies in the Euro area, Germany and the UK.
|This book is provided by IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute in its series Conference proceedings of the Research Network Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policies (FMM) with number 9b-2007 and published in 2007.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hans-Böckler-Straße 39, 40476 Düsseldorf|
Phone: +49 211 7778 234
Fax: +49 211 7778 4234
Web page: http://www.imk-boeckler.de
More information through EDIRC
- van Treeck, Till. & Sturn, Simon., 2012. "Income inequality as a cause of the Great Recession? : A survey of current debates," ILO Working Papers 994709343402676, International Labour Organization.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2014.
"Finance-dominated capitalism and income distribution: a Kaleckian perspective on the case of Germany,"
wpaper62, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2015. "Finance-Dominated Capitalism and Income Distribution: A Kaleckian Perspective on the Case of Germany," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 1(2), pages 171-191, July.
- Hein, Eckhard & Detzer, Daniel, 2014. "Finance-dominated capitalism and income distribution: A Kaleckian perspective on the case of Germany," IPE Working Papers 42/2014, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Eicker-Wolf, Kai. & Truger, Achim., 2014. "Demystifying a "shining example" : German public finances under the debt brake," ILO Working Papers 994845193402676, International Labour Organization.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imk:fmmcps:9b-2007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Nemitz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed