Regional variation in farm input use: The case of pesticides
Changes in crop production activities resulting from farm programs and policies alter the demand for inputs. This article discusses a statistical method by which regional input responses may be analyzed before aggregate impacts on farm production and income are forecast. Researchers and decision makers may anticipate projected changes in input markets based on the observed regional deviations of input use levels from national average quantities as explained by crop location and distribution effects. An example of pesticide use changes after implementing a conservation reserve program illustrates the value of incorporating regional variation factors into the analysis of impacts on agricultural input industries.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 3 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huang, Wen-yuan & Weisz, Reuben N. & Baum, Kenneth & Heady, Earl O. & Teigen, Lloyd, 1980. "The Recursive Adaptive Programming Hybrid Model: A Tool For Analyzing Agricultural Policies," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 1.
- Collins, Glenn S. & Taylor, C. Robert, 1983. "TECHSIM: A Regional Field Crop and National Livestock Econometric Simulation Model," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 2.
- Dixon, Orani & Dixon, Peter & Miranowski, John, 1973. "Insecticide Requirements in an Efficient Agricultural Sector," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(4), pages 423-432, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:3:y:1987:i:2:p:221-234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.