Informal Planning in Depopulating Rural Areas: A resource-based view on informal planning practices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gert-Jan Hospers, 2014. "Policy Responses to Urban Shrinkage: From Growth Thinking to Civic Engagement," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(7), pages 1507-1523, July.
- Cristina Martinez‐Fernandez & Ivonne Audirac & Sylvie Fol & Emmanuèle Cunningham‐Sabot, 2012. "Shrinking Cities: Urban Challenges of Globalization," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 213-225, March.
- Annet Kempenaar & Marjo van Lierop & Judith Westerink & Arnold van der Valk & Adri van den Brink, 2016. "Change of Thought: Findings on Planning for Shrinkage from a Regional Design Competition," Planning Practice & Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 23-40, January.
- Harald Bathelt & Johannes GlÃ¼ckler, 2005. "Resources in Economic Geography: From Substantive Concepts towards a Relational Perspective," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 37(9), pages 1545-1563, September.
- Sílvia Sousa & Paulo Pinho, 2015. "Planning for Shrinkage: Paradox or Paradigm," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 12-32, January.
- Thorsten Wiechmann & Karina M. Pallagst, 2012. "Urban shrinkage in Germany and the USA: A Comparison of Transformation Patterns and Local Strategies," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 261-280, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shuyi Xie & Elena Batunova, 2019. "Shrinking Historic Neighborhoods and Authenticity Dilution: An Unspoken Challenge of Historic Chinatowns in the United States through the Case of San Francisco," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Iwona Kantor-Pietraga, 2021. "Does One Decade of Urban Policy for the Shrinking City Make Visible Progress in Urban Re-Urbanization? A Case Study of Bytom, Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-17, April.
- Xiao, Huijuan & Duan, Zhiyuan & Zhou, Ya & Zhang, Ning & Shan, Yuli & Lin, Xiyan & Liu, Guosheng, 2019. "CO2 emission patterns in shrinking and growing cities: A case study of Northeast China and the Yangtze River Delta," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Ondřej Slach & Vojtěch Bosák & Luděk Krtička & Alexandr Nováček & Petr Rumpel, 2019. "Urban Shrinkage and Sustainability: Assessing the Nexus between Population Density, Urban Structures and Urban Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(15), pages 1-22, August.
- Maria Helena Guimarães & Luis Catela Nunes & Ana Paula Barreira & Thomas Panagopoulos, 2016.
"What makes people stay in or leave shrinking cities? An empirical study from Portugal,"
European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(9), pages 1684-1708, September.
- Maria Helena Guimaraes & Luis Catela Nunes & Ana Paula Barreira & Thomas Panagopoulos, 2015. "What makes people stay in or leave shrinking cities? An empirical study from Portugal," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp592, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Youngmee Jeon & Saehoon Kim, 2020. "Housing abandonment in shrinking cities of East Asia: Case study in Incheon, South Korea," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 57(8), pages 1749-1767, June.
- Florian W. Bartholomae & Chang Woon Nam & Alina Schoenberg, 2015. "Urban Shrinkage in Eastern Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 5200, CESifo.
- Zhenshan Yang, 2019. "Sustainability of Urban Development with Population Decline in Different Policy Scenarios: A Case Study of Northeast China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(22), pages 1-17, November.
- Judith Westerink & Annet Kempenaar & Marjo van Lierop & Stefan Groot & Arnold van der Valk & Adri van den Brink, 2017. "The participating government: Shifting boundaries in collaborative spatial planning of urban regions," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 35(1), pages 147-168, February.
- Beunen, Raoul & Meijer, Marlies & de Vries, Jasper, 2020. "Planning strategies for dealing with population decline: Experiences from the Netherlands," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C).
- Gu, Donghwan & Newman, Galen & Kim, Jun-Hyun & Park, Yunmi & Lee, Jaekyung, 2019. "Neighborhood decline and mixed land uses: Mitigating housing abandonment in shrinking cities," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 505-511.
- João Lourenço Marques & Muhammad Tufail & Jan Wolf & Mara Madaleno, 2021. "Population Growth and the Local Provision of Services: The Role of Primary Schools in Portugal," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 40(2), pages 309-335, April.
- Wangchongyu Peng & Weijun Gao & Xin Yuan & Rui Wang & Jinming Jiang, 2019. "Spatiotemporal Differences in Determinants of City Shrinkage Based on Semiparametric Geographically Weighted Regression," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-17, December.
- Changqing Sui & Wei Lu, 2021. "Study on the Urban Fringe Based on the Expansion–Shrinking Dynamic Pattern," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-16, May.
- Paola Perchinunno & Francesco D. d’Ovidio & Francesco Rotondo, 2019. "Identification of “Hot Spots” of Inner Areas in Italy: Scan Statistic for Urban Planning Policies," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 143(3), pages 1299-1317, June.
- Yi Shi & Junyan Yang & Xinyu Hu, 2016. "How economic globalization affects urban expansion: an empirical analysis of 30 Chinese provinces for 2000–2010," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 1117-1133, May.
- Florian W. Bartholomae & Chang Woon Nam & Alina Schoenberg, 2017. "Urban Resurgence as a Consumer City: A Case Study for Weimar in Eastern Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 6610, CESifo.
- Chin, Jae Teuk, 2021. "The shifting role of public–private partnerships in vacant property redevelopment," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C).
- Rosanna Salvia & Rares Halbac-Cotoara-Zamfir & Sirio Cividino & Luca Salvati & Giovanni Quaranta, 2020. "From Rural Spaces to Peri-Urban Districts: Metropolitan Growth, Sparse Settlements and Demographic Dynamics in a Mediterranean Region," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-20, June.
- Liu, Xingjian & Wang, Mingshu & Qiang, Wei & Wu, Kang & Wang, Xiaomi, 2020. "Urban form, shrinking cities, and residential carbon emissions: Evidence from Chinese city-regions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 261(C).
More about this item
KeywordsPlanning; informality; informal planning; resource-based approach; resource-based theory;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vrs:eurcou:v:9:y:2017:i:3:p:458-472:n:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com/services/journals .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com/services/journals .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.