A Simple Correction to Remove the Bias of the Gini Coefficient due to Grouping
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knell, Markus & Stix, Helmut, 2020.
"Perceptions of inequality,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Knell, Markus & Stix, Helmut, 2016. "Perceptions of Inequality," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145718, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Markus Knell & Helmut Stix, 2017. "Perceptions of Inequality," Working Papers 216, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Clarke, Philip & Van Ourti, Tom, 2010. "Calculating the concentration index when income is grouped," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 151-157, January.
- Erreygers, Guido & Clarke, Philip & Van Ourti, Tom, 2012. "“Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who in this land is fairest of all?”—Distributional sensitivity in the measurement of socioeconomic inequality of health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 257-270.
- Branko Milanovic, 2012. "Global inequality recalculated and updated: the effect of new PPP estimates on global inequality and 2005 estimates," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 10(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Vladimir Gimpelson & Daniel Treisman, 2018. "Misperceiving inequality," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 27-54, March.
- Silvia De Nicol`o & Maria Rosaria Ferrante & Silvia Pacei, 2021. "Mind the Income Gap: Behavior of Inequality Estimators from Complex Survey Small Samples," Papers 2107.08950, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2021.
- Matthijs J. Warrens, 2018. "On the Negative Bias of the Gini Coefficient due to Grouping," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 35(3), pages 580-586, October.
- Amlan Majumder & Takayoshi Kusago, 2018. "A note on the use of decile or quintile group-share of income or consumption from the popular income inequality databases to explain inequality conditions," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(4), pages 2152-2166.
- Aboozar Hadavand, 2017. "Misperceptions and mismeasurements: An analysis of subjective economic inequality," Working Papers 449, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Tatjana Miljkovic & Ying-Ju Chen, 2021. "A new computational approach for estimation of the Gini index based on grouped data," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 2289-2311, September.
- ERREYGERS, Guido & CLARKE, Philip & VAN OURTI, Tom, 2010. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who in this land is fairest of all? Revisiting the extended concentration index," Working Papers 2010015, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Jeffrey Zax, 2014. "Housing allocations, imputed rents and inequality in urban China," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1682, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:93:y:2011:i:3:p:982-994. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mitpressjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ann Olson (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mitpressjournals.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.