Lauding the Leisure Class: Symbolic Content and Conspicuous Consumption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fernando Jaramillo & Hubert Kempf & Fabien Moizeau, 2001. "Conspicuous Consumption, Social Status and Clubs," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 63-64, pages 321-344.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2001:i:63-64:p:17 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jon D. Wisman & Matthew E. Davis, 2013.
"Degraded Work, Declining Community, Rising Inequality, and the Transformation of the Protestant Ethic in America: 1870–1930,"
American Journal of Economics and Sociology,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 72(5), pages 1075-1105, November.
- Jon D. Wisman & Matthew Davis, 2011. "Degraded Work, Declining Community, Rising Inequality, and the Transformation of the Protestant Ethic in America: 1870-1930," Working Papers 2011-08, American University, Department of Economics.
- Congshan Zhang & Maktoba Omar & Nathalia C. Tjandra, 2016. "An Investigation of Key Market Growth Factors that Influence the “Luxurisation” of Golf Industry in China," Journal of Business, LAR Center Press, vol. 1(1), pages 21-28, March.
- Ross, Cody T., 2016. "Sliding-scale environmental service payments and non-financial incentives: Results of a survey of landowner interest in Costa Rica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 252-262.
- Ekinci, Yuksel & Sirakaya-Turk, Ercan & Preciado, Sandra, 2013. "Symbolic consumption of tourism destination brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(6), pages 711-718.
- Martha A. Starr, 2006. "Macroeconomic dimensions of social economics: Saving, the stock market, and pension systems," Working Papers 2006-09, American University, Department of Economics.
- Chau-kiu Cheung & Eileen Yuk-ha Tsang, 2015. "Political-Economic Coalition Among Entrepreneurs, Professionals, and Cadres in Guangdong, China," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 20(4), pages 1-14.
More about this item
Keywordsconspicuous consumption; cultural capital; brands; globalization; environment; Veblen; Bourdieu;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:rsocec:v:62:y:2004:i:3:p:277-289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RRSE20 .