The Effects of Attendance on Academic Performance: Panel Data Evidence for Introductory Microeconomics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Luca Stanca, 2004. "The effects of attendance on academic performance: panel data evidence for Introductory Microeconomics," HEW 0411003, EconWPA.
- Luca Stanca, 2013. "The Effects of Attendance on Academic Performance: Panel Data Evidence for Introductory Microeconomics," Working Papers 78, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2013.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ann Kirby & Brendan McElroy, 2003. "The Effect of Attendance on Grade for First Year Economics Students in University College Cork," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(3), pages 311-326.
- Siegfried, John J & Fels, Rendigs, 1979. "Research on Teaching College Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 923-969, September.
- Pritchett, Lant & Filmer, Deon, 1999. "What education production functions really show: a positive theory of education expenditures," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 223-239, April.
- Dennis Coates, 2003. "Education production functions using instructional time as an input," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 273-292.
- Daniel R. Marburger, 2001. "Absenteeism and Undergraduate Exam Performance," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 99-109, January.
- Massimiliano Bratti & Stefano Staffolani, 2013.
"Student Time Allocation and Educational Production Functions,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 111-112, pages 103-140.
- Massimiliano Bratti & Stefano Staffolani, 2002. "Student time allocation and educational production functions," HEW 0207001, EconWPA.
- Massimiliano BRATTI & Stefano STAFFOLANI, 2002. "Student Time Allocation and Educational Production Functions," Working Papers 170, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 3-33, February.
- Dolton, Peter & Marcenaro, Oscar D. & Navarro, Lucia, 2003.
"The effective use of student time: a stochastic frontier production function case study,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 547-560, December.
- Peter Dolton & Oscar Marcenaro & Lucia Navarro, 2001. "The effective use of student time: A stochastic frontier production function case study," CEE Discussion Papers 0010, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2001. "Educational Production," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 777-803.
- Durden, Garey C & Ellis, Larry V, 1995. "The Effects of Attendance on Student Learning in Principles of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 343-346, May.
- Stephen Devadoss & John Foltz, 1996. "Evaluation of Factors Influencing Student Class Attendance and Performance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 499-507.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aucejo, Esteban & Romano, Teresa, 2014.
"Assessing the effect of school days and absenceson test score performance,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
60498, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Esteban Aucejo & Teresa Foy Romano, 2014. "Assessing the Effect of School Days and Absences on Test Score Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp1302, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- C F Chen & K T Soo, 2009. "Some university students are more equal than others: Evidence from England," Working Papers 600480, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:4:p:1966-1985 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Smith, Jeremy, 2012.
"Am I missing something? The effects of absence from class on student performance,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 363-375.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Jeremy Smith, 2007. "Am I missing something? The effects of absence from class on student performance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 820, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin & Smith, Jeremy, 2008. "Am I Missing Something? The Effects of Absence from Class on Student Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 3749, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ann L. Owen, 2011. "Student Characteristics, Behavior, and Performance in Economics Classes," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 32 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Leonard c. Smith, 2009. "An Analysis Of The Impact Of Pedagogic Interventions In First-Year Academic Development And Mainstream Courses In Microeconomics," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(1), pages 162-178, March.
- Pm Horn & Ai Jansen, 2009. "An Investigation Into The Impact Of Tutorials On The Performance Of Economics Students," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(1), pages 179-189, March.
- Jennjou Chen & Tsui-Fang Lin, 2008. "Does Downloading PowerPoint Slides Before the Lecture Lead to Better Student Achievement?," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 7(2), pages 9-18.
- Martins, Pedro S. & Walker, Ian, 2006. "Student Achievement and University Classes: Effects of Attendance, Size, Peers, and Teachers," IZA Discussion Papers 2490, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adam M. Lavecchia & Heidi Liu & Philip Oreopoulos, 2014.
"Behavioral Economics of Education: Progress and Possibilities,"
NBER Working Papers
20609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lavecchia, Adam M. & Liu, Heidi & Oreopoulos, Philip, 2015. "Behavioral Economics of Education: Progress and Possibilities," IZA Discussion Papers 8853, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wayne A Grove x & Stephen Wu, 2011. "Factors Influencing Student Performance in Economics: Class and Instructor Characteristics," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 33 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Spencer, Nekeisha & Polachek, Solomon & Strobl, Eric, 2016. "How Do Hurricanes Impact Achievement in School? A Caribbean Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 10169, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ehsan Latif & Stan Miles, 2013. "Class Attendance and Academic Performance: A Panel Data Analysis," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(4), pages 470-476, December.
- Alexandr Akimov & Sonja Kobinger & Mirela Malin, 2017. "Determinants of student success in finance courses," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201701, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Mehmet F. Dicle & John Levendis, 2013. "Using RFID Technology to Track Attendance," Journal for Economic Educators, Middle Tennessee State University, Business and Economic Research Center, vol. 13(1), pages 29-38, Fall.
- Tsui-Fang Lin & Jennjou Chen, 2006. "Cumulative class attendance and exam performance," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(14), pages 937-942.
- Hoffmann, Anna-Lena & Lerche, Katharina, 2016. "Class attendance and university performance," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 286, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- K T Soo, 2009. "Estimating the production function of university students," Working Papers 600466, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Franz Buscha & Anna Conte, 2014. "The Impact of Truancy on Educational Attainment during Compulsory Schooling: a Bivariate Ordered Probit Estimator with Mixed Effects," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 82(1), pages 103-127, January.
- Aucejo, Esteban M. & Romano, Teresa Foy, 2016. "Assessing the effect of school days and absences on test score performance," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 70-87.
More about this item
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jeduce:v:37:y:2006:i:3:p:251-266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/VECE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.