Subjectively-assessed Welfare and International Remittances: Evidence from Tonga
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefano Paternostro & Anand Rajaram & Erwin R. Tiongson, 2007.
"How Does the Composition of Public Spending Matter?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 47-82.
- Paternostro, Stefano & Rajaram, Anand & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2005. "How does the composition of public spending matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3555, The World Bank.
- Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Mwanaumo, A. & Nyoro, J. K. & Chapoto, A., 2002. "False Promise or False Premise? The Experience of Food and Input Market Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1967-1985, November.
- Jung, Hong-Sang & Thorbecke, Erik, 2003. "The impact of public education expenditure on human capital, growth, and poverty in Tanzania and Zambia: a general equilibrium approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 701-725, November.
- Dominique van de Walle, 2003.
"Are Returns to Investment Lower for the Poor? Human and Physical Capital Interactions in Rural Vietnam,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 636-653, November.
- van de Walle, Dominique, 2000. "Are returns to investment lower for the poor? Human and physical capital interactions in rural Viet Nam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2425, The World Bank.
- Wolde-Ghiorgis, W., 2002. "Renewable energy for rural development in Ethiopia: the case for new energy policies and institutional reform," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 1095-1105, September.
- Lopez, Ramon & Galinato, Gregmar I., 2007. "Should governments stop subsidies to private goods? Evidence from rural Latin America," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1071-1094, June.
- Teferra, Mengistu, 2002. "Power sector reforms in Ethiopia: options for promoting local investments in rural electrification," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 967-975, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard P.C. Brown & Gareth Leeves & Prabha Prayaga, 2014.
"Sharing Norm Pressures and Community Remittances: Evidence from a Natural Disaster in the Pacific Islands,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(3), pages 383-398, March.
- Richard P.C Brown & Gareth Leeves & Prabha Prayaga, 2012. "Sharing Norm Pressures and Community Remittances: Evidence from a Natural Disaster in the Pacific Islands," Discussion Papers Series 471, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Alpaslan Akay & Corrado Giulietti & Juan Robalino & Klaus Zimmermann, 2014.
"Remittances and well-being among rural-to-urban migrants in China,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 517-546, September.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Giulietti, Corrado & Robalino, Juan David & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2012. "Remittances and Well-Being among Rural-to-Urban Migrants in China," IZA Discussion Papers 6631, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alpaslan Akay & Corrado Giulietti & Juan D. Robalino & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2013. "Remittances and Well-Being among Rural-to-Urban Migrants in China," Working Papers 1447, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Catia Batista & Janis Umblijs, 2016.
"Do migrants send remittances as a way of self-insurance?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 68(1), pages 108-130.
- Catia Batista & Janis Umblijs, 2014. "Do migrants send remittances as a way of self-insurance?," NOVAFRICA Working Paper Series wp1402, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia, NOVAFRICA.
- repec:pri:indrel:dsp01cn69m419r is not listed on IDEAS
- La, Hai Anh & Xu, Ying, 2017. "Remittances, social security, and the crowding-out effect: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 42-59.
- Fransen, Sonja & Mazzucato, Valentina, 2014. "Remittances and Household Wealth after Conflict: A Case Study on Urban Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 57-68.
- Richard Brown & Jørgen Carling & Sonja Fransen & Melissa Siegel, 2014. "Measuring remittances through surveys," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 31(41), pages 1243-1274, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:47:y:2011:i:6:p:829-845. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .