Gender and Life Satisfaction in the UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marina Della Giusta & Sarah Jewell & Uma Kambhampati, 2010. "Anything to Keep You Happy?," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2010-01, Department of Economics, Reading University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aurelie Charles & Dongxu Wu & Zhongmin Wu, 2019. "Economic Shocks on Subjective Well-Being: Re-assessing the Determinants of Life-Satisfaction After the 2008 Financial Crisis," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 1041-1055, April.
- Gschwandtner, Adelina & Jewell, Sarah L. & Kambhampati, Uma, 2015.
"On the Relationship between Lifestyle and Happiness in the UK,"
89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK
204199, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Sarah L. Jewell & Uma Kambhampati, 2016. "On the Relationship between Lifestyle and Happiness in the UK," Studies in Economics 1613, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Sarinda Taengnoi, 2014. "Economic man and social woman: Determinants of immigrants' life satisfaction," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 1530-1549.
- Marina Della Giusta & Antonia Fernandez & Sarah Jewell, 2017. "Happy at University? Student Well-being and the Value of Higher Education," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2017-01, Department of Economics, Reading University.
- Fernandez, Antonia & Della Giusta, Marina & Kambhampati, Uma S., 2015. "The Intrinsic Value of Agency: The Case of Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 92-107.
- Suwastika Naidu, 2016. "Does Human Development Influence Women’s Labour Force Participation Rate? Evidences from the Fiji Islands," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 127(3), pages 1067-1084, July.
- Robert Rudolf & Sung-Jin Kang, 2015.
"Lags and Leads in Life Satisfaction in Korea: When Gender Matters,"
Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 136-163, January.
- Robert Rudolf & Sung-Jin Kang, 2011. "Adaptation under Traditional Gender Roles: Testing the Baseline Hypothesis in South Korea," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 101, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Janneke Plantenga, 2015. "The Economics of Gender Equality – A Review of the Literature in Three Propositions and Two Questions. WWWforEurope Working Paper No. 104," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 58262, August.
- Della Giusta, Marina & Jewell, Sarah, 2018. "Working for nothing: personality, time allocation and earnings in the UK," MPRA Paper 91481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mikko Myrskylä & Rachel Margolis, 2014. "Happiness: Before and After the Kids," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(5), pages 1843-1866, October.
- Željko Pedišić & Zrinka Greblo & Philayrath Phongsavan & Karen Milton & Adrian E Bauman, 2015. "Are Total, Intensity- and Domain-Specific Physical Activity Levels Associated with Life Satisfaction among University Students?," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(2), pages 1-21, February.
- Biagi, Bianca & Ladu, Maria Gabriela & Meleddu, Marta, 2018. "Urban Quality of Life and Capabilities: An Experimental Study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 137-152.
- Hossain, Mahbub & Asadullah, M. Niaz & Kambhampati, Uma, 2019. "Empowerment and life satisfaction: Evidence from Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 170-183.
- Adam Okulicz-Kozaryn & Rubia Rocha Valente, 2018. "Life Satisfaction of Career Women and Housewives," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 603-632, September.
- Wojtek Tomaszewski & Francisco Perales, 2014. "Who Settles for Less? Subjective Dispositions, Objective Circumstances, and Housing Satisfaction," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 181-203, August.
- Mikko Myrskylä & Rachel Margolis, 2014. "Happiness - before and after the Kids," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 642, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Dong Zhou & Langchuan Peng, 2018. "The Relationship Between the Gender Gap in Subjective Well-Being and Leisure Activities in China," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 19(7), pages 2139-2166, October.
- Sarah Jewell & Uma Kambhampati, 2015. "Are Happy Youth Also Satisfied Adults? An Analysis of the Impact of Childhood Factors on Adult Life Satisfaction," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 121(2), pages 543-567, April.
- Fassil Sisay Yehuala, 2020. "The nexus between welfare state and subjective well-being: A multi-level assessment," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 18(2A), pages 135-154.
- Mikko Myrskylä & Rachel Margolis, 2012. "Happiness: before and after the kids," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2012-013, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Daniel Wheatley & Zhongmin Wu, 2014. "Dual careers, time-use and satisfaction levels: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(5), pages 443-464, September.
- Krista Lynn Minnotte & Michael C. Minnotte & Krista Thompson, 2016. "The Life Satisfaction of Dual-Earner Mothers and Fathers: Does Flexible Scheduling Matter?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(6), pages 2365-2388, December.
More about this item
KeywordsGender; preferences; self-reported well-being; happiness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:17:y:2011:i:3:p:1-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.