International Differences in Conditional Conservatism - The Role of Unconditional Conservatism and Income Smoothing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guay, Wayne & Verrecchia, Robert, 2006. "Discussion of an economic framework for conservative accounting and Bushman and Piotroski (2006)," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 149-165, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvia Gardini & F. Marta L. Di Lascio & Franco Visani, 2017. "How cultural and contextual variables affect the disclosure and transparency of pro-forma indicators," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS41, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Christian Stadler & Christopher W. Nobes, 2014. "The Influence of Country, Industry, and Topic Factors on IFRS Policy Choice," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 50(4), pages 386-421, December.
- Gomez Biscarri, Javier & Lopez Espinosa, German, 2008.
"The influence of differences in accounting standards on empirical pricing models: An application to the Fama-French model,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 369-388, October.
- Javier Gomez Biscarri & GermÃ¡n LÃ³pez Espinosa, 2007. "The influence of differences in accounting standards on empirical pricing models: An application to the Fama-French model," Faculty Working Papers 13/07, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- repec:eee:joecas:v:11:y:2014:i:c:p:120-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joachim Gassen, 2008. "Are stewardship and valuation usefulness compatible or alternative objectives of financial accounting?," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-028, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Elisabete F. Simões Vieira, 2016. "Earnings Management in Public Family Firms under Economic Adversity," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(2), pages 190-207, June.
- Nakano, Makoto & Aoki, Yasuharu, 2016. "What Explains Widening Profitability Dispersion Around The World?," Hitotsubashi Journal of commerce and management, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 50(1), pages 23-46, January.
- Karampinis, Nikolaos I. & Hevas, Dimosthenis L., 2011. "Mandating IFRS in an Unfavorable Environment: The Greek Experience," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 304-332, September.
- Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Hasan, Iftekhar & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2016.
"Regulations, institutions and income smoothing by managing technical reserves: International evidence from the insurance industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(PA), pages 113-129.
- Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Hasan, Iftekhar & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2015. "Regulations, institutions and income smoothing by managing technical reserves: international evidence from the insurance industry," Research Discussion Papers 15/2015, Bank of Finland.
- William Rees, 2009. ""Discussion of" Economic Determinants of Conditional Conservatism," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3-4), pages 373-383.
- Fujiyama, Keishi & Kagaya, Tetsuyuki & Suzuki, Tomohiro & Takahashi, Yukari, 2014. "Quarterly Earnings Management Around The World: Loss Avoidance Or Earnings Decrease Avoidance?," Hitotsubashi Journal of commerce and management, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 48(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Sebastian Brauer & Carl-Friedrich Leuschner & Frank Westermann, 2011. "Does the Introduction of IFRS Change the Timeliness of Loss Recognition? Evidence from German Firms," Working Papers 87, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University.
- Fülbier, Rolf Uwe & Klein, Malte, 2013. "Financial accounting and reporting in Germany: A case study on German accounting tradition and experiences with the IFRS adoption," Bayreuth Working Papers on Finance, Accounting and Taxation (FAcT-Papers) 2013-01, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Finance and Banking.
- André, Paul & Filip, Andrei & Paugam, Luc, 2013.
"Impact of Mandatory IFRS Adoption on Conditional Conservatism in Europe,"
ESSEC Working Papers
WP1311, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Paul André & Andrei Filip & Luc Paugam, 2013. "Impact of Mandatory IFRS Adoption on Conditional Conservatism in Europe," Working Papers hal-00862683, HAL.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1523-:d:109913 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rolf Uwe Fülbier & Joerg-Markus Hitz & Thorsten Sellhorn, 2009. "Relevance of Academic Research and Researchers' Role in the IASB's Financial Reporting Standard Setting," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 45(4), pages 455-492.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00862683 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Manuel García Lara & Beatriz García Osma & Fernando Penalva, 2009. "The Economic Determinants of Conditional Conservatism," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3-4), pages 336-372.
- Paul André & Andrei Filip & Luc Paugam, 2015. "The Effect of Mandatory IFRS Adoption on Conditional Conservatism in Europe," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3-4), pages 482-514, April.
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:12:y:2016:i:3:p:191-209 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hit:hjbswp:175 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:manint:v:53:y:2013:i:4:d:10.1007_s11575-012-0152-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:euract:v:15:y:2006:i:4:p:527-564. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.