Binomial models for option valuation - examining and improving convergence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B & Ramaswamy, Krishna, 1990. "Simple Binomial Processes as Diffusion Approximations in Financial Models," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(3), pages 393-430.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ralf Korn & Stefanie Müller, 2013. "The optimal-drift model: an accelerated binomial scheme," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 135-160, January.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Bermudez, Ana & Hatgioannides, John, 2003. "Two-factor convertible bonds valuation using the method of characteristics/finite elements," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1801-1831, August.
- D. Andricopoulos, Ari & Widdicks, Martin & Newton, David P. & Duck, Peter W., 2007. "Extending quadrature methods to value multi-asset and complex path dependent options," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 471-499, February.
- Dietmar P.J. Leisen, 1997. "The Random-Time Binomial Model," Finance 9711005, EconWPA, revised 29 Nov 1998.
- David Heath & Stefano Herzel, 2002. "Efficient option valuation using trees," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 163-178.
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:17:y:2016:i:6:d:10.1057_s41260-016-0024-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- San-Lin Chung & Pai-Ta Shih, 2007. "Generalized Cox-Ross-Rubinstein Binomial Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(3), pages 508-520, March.
- Leisen, Dietmar P. J., 1999. "The random-time binomial model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1355-1386, September.
- Andricopoulos, Ari D. & Widdicks, Martin & Duck, Peter W. & Newton, David P., 2003. "Universal option valuation using quadrature methods," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 447-471, March.
- Muroi, Yoshifumi & Suda, Shintaro, 2013. "Discrete Malliavin calculus and computations of greeks in the binomial tree," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 349-361.
- Leduc, Guillaume, 2012. "European Option General First Order Error Formula," MPRA Paper 42015, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Oct 2012.
- P. Forsyth & K. Vetzal & R. Zvan, 2002. "Convergence of numerical methods for valuing path-dependent options using interpolation," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 273-314, October.
- Leisen, Dietmar P. J., 1998. "Pricing the American put option: A detailed convergence analysis for binomial models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1419-1444, August.
- Alona Bock & Ralf Korn, 2016. "Improving Convergence of Binomial Schemes and the Edgeworth Expansion," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-22, May.
- Pier Giuseppe Giribone & Simone Ligato, 2016. "Flexible-forward pricing through Leisen–Reimer trees: Implementation and performance comparison with traditional Markov chains," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 1-21, June.
- Xiaolin Luo & Pavel V. Shevchenko, 2014. "Fast and Simple Method for Pricing Exotic Options using Gauss-Hermite Quadrature on a Cubic Spline Interpolation," Papers 1408.6938, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2014.
More about this item
Keywordsbinomial model; option valuation; order of convergence; convergence pattern;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:3:y:1996:i:4:p:319-346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20 .