Calibration of the Libor Market Model Using Correlations Implied by CMS Spread Options
This work discusses the calibration of instantaneous Libor correlations in the Libor market model. We extend the existing calibration strategies by the incorporation of spread option implied correlation information. The correlation structure implied by constant maturity swap (CMS) spread options observed in the present-day market motivates us to extend the existing parameterizations of ratio correlations by a new three-parameter approach. For the first time, this paper presents an extensive empirical study of different parameterizations and their capability to match market correlations. We can show that our approach leads to stable calibrations and gives a satisfactory fit to the market. We conclude our investigation with the pricing of a callable swap on CMS spread using the parameterizations compared before.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 17 (2010)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farshid Jamshidian, 1997. "LIBOR and swap market models and measures (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 293-330.
- Damiano Brigo & Jan Liinev, 2005. "On the distributional distance between the lognormal LIBOR and swap market models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(5), pages 433-442.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997.
" Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-430, March.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994. "Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Alan Brace & Dariusz G¸atarek & Marek Musiela, 1997. "The Market Model of Interest Rate Dynamics," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 127-155.
- Denis Belomestny & Anastasia Kolodko & John Schoenmakers, 2010. "Pricing Cms Spread Options In A Libor Market Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(01), pages 45-62. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:17:y:2010:i:5:p:453-469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.