Testing for bivariate spherical symmetry
An omnibus test for spherical symmetry in R2 is proposed, employing localized empirical likelihood. The thus obtained test statistic is distri- bution-free under the null hypothesis. The asymptotic null distribution is established and critical values for typical sample sizes, as well as the asymptotic ones, are presented. In a simulation study, the good perfor- mance of the test is demonstrated. Furthermore, a real data example is presented.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 21 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=120411|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-117075 is not listed on IDEAS
- Einmahl, J.H.J., 1987. "Multivariate empirical processes," Other publications TiSEM 4d74fa6b-5281-48ea-aa4d-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jiajuan Liang & Kai-Tai Fang & Fred Hickernell, 2008. "Some necessary uniform tests for spherical symmetry," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 60(3), pages 679-696, September.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-142045 is not listed on IDEAS
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & McKeague, I.W., 2003. "Empirical likelihood based hypothesis testing," Other publications TiSEM 2ddb34d8-8ae7-46e3-8004-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Koltchinskii, V. I. & Li, Lang, 1998. "Testing for Spherical Symmetry of a Multivariate Distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 228-244, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:testjl:v:21:y:2012:i:1:p:54-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.