Identifying the determinants of foreign direct investment: a data-specific model selection approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Markusen, 2004.
"Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633078, January.
- Markusen, James R., 2002. "Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade," MPRA Paper 8380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David W Loree & Stephen E Guisinger, 1995. "Policy and Non-Policy Determinants of U.S. Equity Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(2), pages 281-299, June.
- Christopher T. Taylor, 2000. "The Impact of Host Country Government Policy on US Multinational Investment Decisions," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(5), pages 635-647, May.
- World Bank, 2007. "World Development Indicators 2007," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 8150.
- Robert Tibshirani & Keith Knight, 1999. "The Covariance Inflation Criterion for Adaptive Model Selection," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 529-546.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2001. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment: Sensitivity Analyses of Cross-Country Regressions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 89-113.
- Valerija Botrić & Lorena Škuflić, 2006. "Main Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in the Southeast European Countries," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 13(2), pages 359-377, July.
- Hirotugu Akaike, 1969. "Fitting autoregressive models for prediction," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 21(1), pages 243-247, December.
- Noorzoy, M. S., 1979. "Flows of direct investment and their effects on investment in Canada," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 257-261.
- Reschenhofer, Erhard, 1999. "Improved Estimation Of The Expected Kullback Leibler Discrepancy In Case Of Misspecification," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 377-387, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- GOSCHIN Zizi & DANCIU Aniela-Raluca & SERBU Razvan Rares Sorin, 2013. "Understanding The Regional Determinants Of The Fdi In Romania: Evidence From A Panel Data Model," Revista Economica, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 65(5), pages 207-222.
- Constantin Postoiu & Ionuț Bușega, 2015. "Foreign direct investments in Romania in EU28 framework," Computational Methods in Social Sciences (CMSS), "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 3(2), pages 05-14, December.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign direct investment; Non-nested models; Model selection; Subset selection; Mean squared prediction error; Penalty; 62F07; 62J05; 62P20;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:stpapr:v:53:y:2012:i:3:p:739-752. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.