How do social scientists use link data from search engines to understand Internet-based political and electoral communication?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Han Park & Mike Thelwall, 2008. "Link analysis: Hyperlink patterns and social structure on politicians’ Web sites in South Korea," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 42(5), pages 687-697, October.
- Meyer, Eric T. & Schroeder, Ralph, 2009. "Untangling the web of e-Research: Towards a sociology of online knowledge," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 246-260.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Park, Han Woo & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2013. "Decomposing social and semantic networks in emerging “big data” research," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 756-765.
- George Barnett & Han Park, 2014. "Examining the international internet using multiple measures: new methods for measuring the communication base of globalized cyberspace," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 563-575, January.
- Arif Mehmood & Gyu Sang Choi & Otto F. Feigenblatt & Han Woo Park, 2016. "Proving ground for social network analysis in the emerging research area “Internet of Things” (IoT)," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(1), pages 185-201, October.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:52:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11135-017-0489-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yongli Li & Chong Wu & Zizheng Wang, 2015. "An information-theoretic approach for detecting communities in networks," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 1719-1733, July.
- Manuela Hartwig & Yohei Kobashi & Sae Okura & Leslie Tkach-Kawasaki, 2015. "Energy policy participation through networks transcending cleavage: an analysis of Japanese and German renewable energy promotion policies," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 1485-1512, July.
- repec:spr:scient:v:99:y:2014:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1122-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSearch engine; Link analysis; Social science method; Political communication; Online research method;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:qualqt:v:46:y:2012:i:2:p:679-693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .