Uncrossing the U.S. Black-White Mortality Crossover: The Role of Cohort Forces in Life Course Mortality Risk
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 49 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark Hill & Samuel Preston & Ira Rosenwaike, 2000. "Age reporting among white Americans aged 85+: Results of a record linkage study," Demography, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 175-186, May.
- Kenneth Manton & Eric Stallard & Larry Corder, 1997. "Changes in the age dependence of mortality and disability: Cohort and other determinants," Demography, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 135-157, February.
- Samuel Preston & Irma Elo & Ira Rosenwaike & Mark Hill, 1996. "African-american mortality at older ages: Results of a matching study," Demography, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 193-209, May.
- Bert Kestenbaum, 1992. "A description of the extreme aged population based on improved medicare enrollment data," Demography, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 565-580, November.
- Samuel Preston & Haidong Wang, 2006. "Sex mortality differences in The United States: The role of cohort smoking patterns," Demography, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 631-646, November.
- Yang Yang, 2008. "Trends in U.S. adult chronic disease mortality, 1960–1999: age, period, and cohort variations," Demography, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 387-416, May.
- Nan Johnson, 2000. "The racial crossover in comorbidity, disability, and mortality," Demography, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 267-283, August.
- Seema Jayachandran & Adriana Lleras-Muney & Kimberly V. Smith, 2010. "Modern Medicine and the Twentieth Century Decline in Mortality: Evidence on the Impact of Sulfa Drugs," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 118-46, April.
- David Cutler & Grant Miller, 2005. "The role of public health improvements in health advances: The twentieth-century United States," Demography, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 1-22, February.
- James Vaupel & Kenneth Manton & Eric Stallard, 1979. "The impact of heterogeneity in individual frailty on the dynamics of mortality," Demography, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 439-454, August.
- Sherry Glied & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2008. "Technological innovation and inequality in health," Demography, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 741-761, August.
- Allan M. Parnell & Cynthia R. Owens, 1999. "Evaluation of U.S. Mortality Patterns at Old Ages Using the Medicare Enrollment Data Base," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 1(2), July.
- Samuel H. Preston & Irma T. Elo, 2006. "Black Mortality at Very Old Ages in Official US Life Tables: A Skeptical Appraisal," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 32(3), pages 557-566.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:49:y:2012:i:3:p:773-796. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.