Error estimates for integral constraint regularization of state-constrained elliptic control problems
Abstract In this paper, we study new aspects of the integral contraint regularization of state-constrained elliptic control problems (Jadamba et al. in Syst Control Lett 61(6):707–713, 2012). Besides giving new results on the regularity and the convergence of the regularized controls and associated Lagrange multipliers, the main objective of this paper is to give abstract error estimates for the regularization error. We also consider a discretization of the regularized problems and derive numerical estimates which are uniform with respect to the regularization parameter and the discretization parameter. As an application of these results, we prove that this discretization is indeed a full discretization of the original problem defined in terms of a problem with finitely many integral constraints. Detailed numerical results justifying the theoretical findings as well as a comparison of our work with the existing literature is also given.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 67 (2017)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/math/journal/10589|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klaus Krumbiegel & Ira Neitzel & Arnd Rösch, 2012. "Regularization for semilinear elliptic optimal control problems with pointwise state and control constraints," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 181-207, May.
- M. Hinze & C. Meyer, 2010. "Variational discretization of Lavrentiev-regularized state constrained elliptic optimal control problems," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 487-510, July.
- Dmitriy Leykekhman & Dominik Meidner & Boris Vexler, 2013. "Optimal error estimates for finite element discretization of elliptic optimal control problems with finitely many pointwise state constraints," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 769-802, July.
- Eduardo Casas & Mariano Mateos, 2012. "Numerical approximation of elliptic control problems with finitely many pointwise constraints," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 1319-1343, April.
- Michael Hinze & Anton Schiela, 2011. "Discretization of interior point methods for state constrained elliptic optimal control problems: optimal error estimates and parameter adjustment," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 581-600, April.
- K. Krumbiegel & A. Rösch, 2009. "A virtual control concept for state constrained optimal control problems," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 213-233, June.
- Bienvenido Jiménez & Vicente Novo & Miguel Sama, 2013. "An extension of the Basic Constraint Qualification to nonconvex vector optimization problems," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 1755-1771, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:coopap:v:67:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10589-016-9885-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.