Jump-Preserving Regression and Smoothing using Local Linear Fitting: A Compromise
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kang, Kee-Hoon & Koo, Ja-Yong & Park, Cheol-Woo, 2000. "Kernel estimation of discontinuous regression functions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 277-285, April.
- Spokoiny, Vladimir G., 1998. "Estimation of a function with discontinuities via local polynomial fit with an adaptive window choice," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,1, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Irene Gijbels & Peter Hall & Aloïs Kneip, 1999. "On the Estimation of Jump Points in Smooth Curves," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 51(2), pages 231-251, June.
- Müller, Hans-Georg & Song, Kai-Sheng, 1997. "Two-stage change-point estimators in smooth regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 323-335, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanaya, Shin & Kristensen, Dennis, 2016.
"Estimation Of Stochastic Volatility Models By Nonparametric Filtering,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(04), pages 861-916, August.
- Shin Kanaya & Dennis Kristensen, 2010. "Estimation of Stochastic Volatility Models by Nonparametric Filtering," CREATES Research Papers 2010-67, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Shin Kanaya & Dennis Kristensen, 2015. "Estimation of stochastic volatility models by nonparametric filtering," CeMMAP working papers CWP09/15, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Gantner, M., 2010. "Some nonparametric diagnostic statistical procedures and their asymptotic behavior," Other publications TiSEM eb04bdba-bf8a-4f6c-8dd8-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:spr:testjl:v:26:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11749-017-0525-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shohei Tateishi & Sadanori Konishi, 2011. "Nonlinear regression modeling and detecting change points via the relevance vector machine," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 477-490, September.
- Yujiao Yang & Qiongxia Song, 2014. "Jump detection in time series nonparametric regression models: a polynomial spline approach," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 66(2), pages 325-344, April.
- Peihua Qiu, 2009. "Jump-preserving surface reconstruction from noisy data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 61(3), pages 715-751, September.
- Zhao, Yan-Yong & Lin, Jin-Guan & Huang, Xing-Fang & Wang, Hong-Xia, 2016. "Adaptive jump-preserving estimates in varying-coefficient models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 65-80.
- Isabel Casas & Irene Gijbels, 2009. "Unstable volatility functions: the break preserving local linear estimator," CREATES Research Papers 2009-48, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Sun, Edward W. & Meinl, Thomas, 2012. "A new wavelet-based denoising algorithm for high-frequency financial data mining," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(3), pages 589-599.
- Kohler, Michael & Krzyżak, Adam, 2015. "Estimation of a jump point in random design regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 247-255.
- Zu, Yang & Peter Boswijk, H., 2014. "Estimating spot volatility with high-frequency financial data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 117-135.
- Huh, Jib, 2012. "Nonparametric estimation of the regression function having a change point in generalized linear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(4), pages 843-851.
- Aslanidis, Nektarios & Casas, Isabel, 2013. "Nonparametric correlation models for portfolio allocation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2268-2283.
- Yicheng Kang & Xiaodong Gong & Jiti Gao & Peihua Qiu, 2016. "Error-in-Variables Jump Regression Using Local Clustering," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/16, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Cizek, Pavel & Koo, Chao, 2017. "Jump-Preserving Varying-Coefficient Models for Nonlinear Time Series," Discussion Paper 2017-017, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsConsistency; Jump-preserving estimation; Local linear fit; Nonparametric regression; Smoothing; Weighted residual mean square;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aistmt:v:59:y:2007:i:2:p:235-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .