On mixtures of skew normal and skew $$t$$ -distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reinaldo B. Arellano-Valle & Marc G. Genton, 2010. "Multivariate extended skew-t distributions and related families," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 201-234.
- Barry Arnold & Robert Beaver & Richard Groeneveld & William Meeker, 1993. "The nontruncated marginal of a truncated bivariate normal distribution," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 58(3), pages 471-488, September.
- Gupta, Arjun K. & González-Farías, Graciela & Domínguez-Molina, J. Armando, 2004. "A multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 181-190, April.
- Marc Genton & Nicola Loperfido, 2005. "Generalized skew-elliptical distributions and their quadratic forms," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 57(2), pages 389-401, June.
- Branco, Márcia D. & Dey, Dipak K., 2001. "A General Class of Multivariate Skew-Elliptical Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-113, October.
- Basso, Rodrigo M. & Lachos, Víctor H. & Cabral, Celso Rômulo Barbosa & Ghosh, Pulak, 2010. "Robust mixture modeling based on scale mixtures of skew-normal distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 2926-2941, December.
- Adelchi Azzalini, 2005. "The Skew-normal Distribution and Related Multivariate Families," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(2), pages 159-188.
- Yanyuan Ma & Marc G. Genton, 2004. "Flexible Class of Skew-Symmetric Distributions," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 459-468.
- Cabral, Celso Rômulo Barbosa & Lachos, Víctor Hugo & Prates, Marcos O., 2012. "Multivariate mixture modeling using skew-normal independent distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 126-142, January.
- Arellano-Valle, Reinaldo B. & Genton, Marc G., 2005. "On fundamental skew distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 93-116, September.
- Liseo, Brunero & Loperfido, Nicola, 2003. "A Bayesian interpretation of the multivariate skew-normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 395-401, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristina Tortora & Mireille Gettler Summa & Marina Marino & Francesco Palumbo, 2016. "Factor probabilistic distance clustering (FPDC): a new clustering method," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 10(4), pages 441-464, December.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Astroza, Sebastian & Hamdi, Amin S., 2017. "A spatial generalized ordered-response model with skew normal kernel error terms with an application to bicycling frequency," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 126-148.
- repec:eee:csdana:v:121:y:2018:i:c:p:190-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chauveau, Didier & Hoang, Vy Thuy Lynh, 2016. "Nonparametric mixture models with conditionally independent multivariate component densities," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 1-16.
- Murray, Paula M. & Browne, Ryan P. & McNicholas, Paul D., 2014. "Mixtures of skew-t factor analyzers," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 326-335.
- repec:spr:advdac:v:11:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11634-016-0254-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahfock, Daniel & Pyne, Saumyadipta & Lee, Sharon X. & McLachlan, Geoffrey J., 2016. "Partial identification in the statistical matching problem," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 79-90.
- repec:spr:stpapr:v:58:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00362-016-0747-x is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transb:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:238-256 is not listed on IDEAS
- McLachlan, Geoffrey J. & Lee, Sharon X., 2016. "Comment on “On nomenclature, and the relative merits of two formulations of skew distributions” by A. Azzalini, R. Browne, M. Genton, and P. McNicholas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 1-5.
- Azzalini, Adelchi & Browne, Ryan P. & Genton, Marc G. & McNicholas, Paul D., 2016. "On nomenclature for, and the relative merits of, two formulations of skew distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 201-206.
More about this item
KeywordsSkew symmetric distributions; Multivariate skew normal ; Multivariate skew t-distribution; Mixture models; Maximum likelihood estimation; EM algorithm; 62F86; 62H30;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:advdac:v:7:y:2013:i:3:p:241-266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.