Does Intercollegiate Athletics Draw Local Students to a University?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffery Borland, 2003. "Demand for Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 478-502, Winter.
- Buraimo, Babatunde & Simmons, Rob, 2009.
"A tale of two audiences: Spectators, television viewers and outcome uncertainty in Spanish football,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 326-338, July.
- B Buraimo & R Simmons, 2007. "A tale of two audiences: spectators, television viewers and outcome uncertainty in Spanish football," Working Papers 591121, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Christopher M. Clapp & Jahn K. Hakes, 2005. "How Long a Honeymoon? The Effect of New Stadiums on Attendance in Major League Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 6(3), pages 237-263, August.
- David J. Berri & Martin B. Schmidt, 2006. "On the Road With the National Basketball Association's Superstar Externality," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(4), pages 347-358, November.
- Yamamura, Eiji & Shin, Inyong, 2008. "The influence of a leader and social interaction on attendance: The case of the Japanese professional baseball league, 1952-2003," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1412-1426, August.
- Eiji Yamamura & Inyong Shin, 2009. "Convergence, clustering and their effects on attendance in the Japan Professional Baseball League," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(25), pages 3257-3265.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2007. "Ticket Prices, Concessions and Attendance at Professional Sporting Events," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 2(3), pages 161-170, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gregory B. Murphy & Neil Tocher & Bryant Ward, 2016. "An Examination of Public Private Academic Partnerships: Does Program Success Enhance University Performance Outcomes?," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 95-115, March.
More about this item
Keywordssports economics; intercollegiate athletics; enrollment; football; basketball;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:13:y:2012:i:2:p:198-206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.