The Information Management The Essence Of Using Communications And Information Technologies To Develop The Knowledge Based Society
The paper presents the role of information as the main vehicle communications and information technologies (CIT) use to leverage every activity fields and every individual life in the information age stage of the human being evolution. Then the information management (IM) is resulting as the logical approach for the systemic optimization of the complex processes humankind encounters in developing the information society (IS) toward knowledge based society (KBS). For optimizing the economical and social environment on Earth and face the fast evolutons of CIT, IM must carefully use, step by step, 3 basic ingredients: accurate data, then relevant information and then refined knowledge. The paper analyzes the most important and difficult to optimize added value of IM, as generating refined knowledge is the main target of the process that starts with creating data, then extracting information and eventually using this information in a complex process, where people, in a legal, economical and social context will use it, creating new/refined knowledge. The paper emphasizes that, as a solution for stable growing, learn and go on is the way the humankind have to chose in the complicated context of such complex forces of the progress like CIT, resulting that the education remains the main ingredient, the key factor of exploiting these forces. The paper conclusions are finding that simple education is no more enough in the IS/KBS context, when the humakind is at the information age , every human being must be school educated, but, beyond the already old term of continue education , he/she must be educated to learn every day from the IS/KBS context, in order to survive and grow. As CIT products and services became ubiquitous as the water and electricity , people must learn every day to use them and their useful optimization principles, like IM. Finally it resulted that we need more and more IM every day, but it is important to notice that IM means much more that we already know about information and about management , even if we add as main ingredient CIT.
Volume (Year): 4 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.distribution-magazine.eu|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GREU, Victor, 2013. "The Code Division Multiple Access From Complicated To The Actual Mobile Communications Standards And Beyond," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 4(3), pages 04-11, September.
- GREU, Victor, 2011. "The Network Centric And Cloud - A New Paradigm For The Optimization Of The Technical And Human Information Systems," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 2(2), pages 48-54, June.
- GREU, Victor, 2011. "Evaluating The Development Steps Based On Life-Inspired Strategies For The Information And Communications Technologies," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 2(4), pages 11-19, December.
- GREU, Victor, 2012. "The Cognitive Approaches Of The Communication And Information Technologies A Leverage For The Progress Of Knowledge Based Society," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 3(2), pages 10-16, 06.
- GREU, Victor, 2012. "Searching The Right Tracks Of New Technologies In The Earth Race For A Balance Between Progress And Survival," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 3(1), pages 07-13, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rdc:journl:v:4:y:2013:i:4:p:04-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theodor Valentin Purcarea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.