The 'Green Revolution' and Labour Absorption in Bangladesh Agriculture: The Relevance of the East Asian Experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- A.N.M. Azizur Rahman, 1963. "Expenditure Elasticities in Rural West Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 3(2), pages 232-249.
- Sohail J. Malik & Kalbe Abbas & Ejaz Ghani, 1987. "Rural-Urban Differences and the Stability of Consumption Behaviour: An Inter-temporal Analysis of the Household Income and Expenditure Survey Data for the Period 1963-64 to 1984-85," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 673-684.
- Aasness, Jorgen & Rodseth, Asbjorn, 1983. "Engel curves and systems of demand functions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 95-121, January.
- Giles, David E A & Hampton, Peter, 1985. "An Engel Curve Analysis of Household Expenditure in New Zealand," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 61(172), pages 450-462, March.
- Sohail J. Malik, 1988. "Consumption Patterns of MajorFood Items in Pakistan: Provincial, Sectoral and Inter-temporalDifferences 1979 - 1984-85," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 751-761.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "Using Least Squares to Approximate Unknown Regression Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 149-170, February.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Lipton, M., 1988. "The Poor And The Poorest," World Bank - Discussion Papers 25, World Bank.
- Rehana Siddiqui, 1982. "An Analysis of Consumptjon Pattern in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 21(4), pages 275-296.
- Brown, Alan & Deaton, Angus S, 1972. "Surveys in Applied Economics: Models of Consumer Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(328), pages 1145-1236, December.
- Jere R. Behrman & Anil B. Deolalikar, 1990. "The Intrahousehold Demand for Nutrients in Rural South India: Individual Estimates, Fixed Effects, and Permanent Income," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 665-696.
- Bewley, R A, 1982. "On the Functional Form of Engel Curves: The Australian Household Expenditure Survey, 1975-76," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 58(160), pages 82-91, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:288229 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alauddin M. & Mujeri MK. & Tisdell CA., 1992. "Technology-environment-employment linkages and the rural poor of Bangladesh: insights from farm-level data," ILO Working Papers 992882293402676, International Labour Organization.
- Alauddin, Mohammad & Tisdell, Clem, 1995. "Labor absorption and agricultural development: Bangladesh's experience and predicament," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 281-297, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:30:y:1991:i:2:p:173-188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .