Vendor Managed Inventory and Relish of Both Partners
The article deals with new approach of Vendor Management Inventory for better inventory management and flexible planning of production without difference to scope of business branch, than the companies use the traditional replenishment programs. Inventory management is important element of all business subjects and play very important role in the logistic supply chains. Approach Vendor Management Inventory is suitable tool to decrease administrative costs and improve the production process. The article deals with theme in application practice, which is based on the experiences of the companies that build up this approach and focused to implementation this system in Czech Republic. Further the article contains the design of new model Vendor Management Inventory in the form of Vendor Management Inventory – Outsourcing of support activities.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antony Svoronos & Paul Zipkin, 1991. "Evaluation of One-for-One Replenishment Policies for Multiechelon Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(1), pages 68-83, January.
- Erenguc, S. Selcuk & Simpson, N. C. & Vakharia, Asoo J., 1999. "Integrated production/distribution planning in supply chains: An invited review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 219-236, June.
- Szmerekovsky, Joseph G. & Zhang, Jiang, 2008. "Coordination and adoption of item-level RFID with vendor managed inventory," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 388-398, July.
- Darwish, M.A. & Odah, O.M., 2010. "Vendor managed inventory model for single-vendor multi-retailer supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(3), pages 473-484, August.
- Thomas, Douglas J. & Griffin, Paul M., 1996. "Coordinated supply chain management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 1-15, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pet:annals:v:11:y:2011:i:4:p:61-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Imola Driga)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.