Density versus Quality in Health Care Provision: Using Household Data to Make Budgetary Choices in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Collier & Stefan Dercon & John Mackinnon, 2004. "Density versus Quality in Health Care Provision: Using Household Data to Make Budgetary Choices in Ethiopia," Development and Comp Systems 0409052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Collier & Stefan Dercon & John Mackinnon, 2002. "Density versus quality in health care provision: Using household data to make budgetary choices in Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
References listed on IDEAS
- Akin, John S. & Guilkey, David K. & Hazel?Denton, E., 1995. "Quality of services and demand for health care in Nigeria: A multinomial probit estimation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 1527-1537, June.
- Thomas, Duncan & Lavy, Victor & Strauss, John, 1996.
"Public policy and anthropometric outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 155-192, August.
- Thomas, D. & Lavy, V. & Strauss, J., 1991. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 643, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Thomas, D. & Lavy, V. & Strauss, J., 1995. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 95-07, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Thomas, D & Lavy, V & Strauss, J, 1996. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 96-19, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Lavy, Victor & Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan & de Vreyer, Philippe, 1996.
"Quality of health care, survival and health outcomes in Ghana,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 333-357, June.
- Lavy, V & Strauss, J & Thomas, D & de Vreyer, P, 1996. "Quality of Health Care, Survivial and Health Outcomes in Ghana," Papers 96-20, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Appleton, Simon, 1998. "The Impact of Public Services on Health Care and Illness: A Treatment Effects Model with Sample Selectivity," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Filmer, Deon & Hammer, Jeffrey & Pritchett, Lant, 1998. "Health policy in poor countries : weak links in the chain," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1874, The World Bank.
- Akin, John S, et al, 1986. "The Demand for Primary Health Care Services in the Bicol Region of the Philippines," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(4), pages 755-782, July.
- Germano Mwabu & Martha Ainsworth & Andrew Nyamete, 1993. "Quality of Medical Care and Choice of Medical Treatment in Kenya: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 838-862.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Deolalikar, Anil B., 1988. "Health and nutrition," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 631-711 Elsevier.
- Alderman, Harold & Lavy, Victor, 1996. "Household Responses to Public Health Services: Cost and Quality Tradeoffs," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benin, Samuel & Mogues, Tewodaj & Cudjoe, Godsway & Randriamamonjy, Josee, 2009. "Public expenditures and agricultural productivity growth in Ghana," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51634, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Stefano Paternostro & Anand Rajaram & Erwin R. Tiongson, 2007.
"How Does the Composition of Public Spending Matter?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 47-82.
- Paternostro, Stefano & Rajaram, Anand & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2005. "How does the composition of public spending matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3555, The World Bank.
- Martine Visser & Frikkie Booysen, 2004. "Determinants of the choice of health care facility utilised by individuals in HIV/AIDS-affected households in the Free State province of South Africa," SALDRU/CSSR Working Papers 087, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Santosh Kumar & Emily A. Dansereau & Christopher J. L. Murray, 2014.
"Does distance matter for institutional delivery in rural India?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(33), pages 4091-4103, November.
- Santosh Kumar & Emily Dansereau & Chris Murray, 2014. "Does Distance Matter for Institutional Delivery in Rural India?," Working Papers 1405, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2004. "Strained mercy : The quality of medical care in Delhi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3228, The World Bank.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2004. "Which doctor? Combining vignettes and item response to measure doctor quality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3301, The World Bank.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2007.
"Money for nothing: The dire straits of medical practice in Delhi, India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2005. "Money for nothing : the dire straits of medical practice in Delhi, India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3669, The World Bank.
- Leonard, Kenneth L., 2009. "The cost of imperfect agency in health care: Evidence from rural Cameroun," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 282-291, March.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Ayele, Gezahegn & Paulos, Zelekawork & Fan, Shenggen, 2006. "How Effective is Public Spending? Public Investment Composition and Rural Welfare in Ethiopia," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21258, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hengjin Dong & Adjima Gbangou & Manuela Allegri & Subhash Pokhrel & Rainer Sauerborn, 2008. "The differences in characteristics between health-care users and non-users: implication for introducing community-based health insurance in Burkina Faso," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 9(1), pages 41-50, February.
- Heather Klemick & Kenneth L. Leonard & Melkiory C. Masatu, 2007.
"Defining Access to Health Care: Evidence on the Importance of Quality and Distance in Rural Tanzania,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(2), pages 347-358.
- Klemick, Heather & Leonard, Kenneth L. & Masatu, Melkiory C., 2008. "Defining Access to Health Care: Evidence on the Importance of Quality and Distance in Rural Tanzania," Working Papers 6178, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Kumar, Santosh & Dansereau, Emily & Murray, Chris, 2012. "Does Distance matter for Institutional Delivery in Rural India? An Instrumental Variable Approach," MPRA Paper 45762, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jan 2013.
- Laura Anselmi & Mylène Lagarde & Kara Hanson, 2015. "Health service availability and health seeking behaviour in resource poor settings: evidence from Mozambique," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Billings, Lucy, 2015. "The making of public investments: Champions, coordination, and characteristics of nutrition interventions:," IFPRI discussion papers 1479, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:wbecrv:v:16:y:2002:i:3:p:425-448. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wrldbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.