The Current Financial Crisis, Monetary Policy, and Minsky's Structural Instability Hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Domenica Tropeano, 2010. "The current financial crisis, monetary policy and Minsky's structural instability hypothesis," Working Papers 60-2010, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Jun 2010.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luiz Carlos Bresser-Pereira & Carmen Augusta Varela, 2004. "The second Washington consensus and Latin America's quasi-stagnation," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 231-250.
- Pereira, Luiz C. Bresser & Nakano, Yoshiaki, 2002. "Economic growth with foreign saving?," Textos para discussão 118, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Sebastian Edwards, 1995. "Why are Saving Rates so Different Across Countries?: An International Comparative Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-393, December.
- Sinn, Stefan, 1992. "Saving-Investment Correlations and Capital Mobility: On the Evidence from Annual Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1162-1170, September.
- Catherine Pattillo & Hélène Poirson & Luca Antonio Ricci, 2011. "External Debt and Growth," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 2(3).
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Talvi, Ernesto, 1998.
"Capital flows and saving in Latin America and Asia: a reinterpretation,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 45-66, October.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Talvi, Ernesto, 1998. "Capital flows and saving in Latin America and Asia: A reinterpretation," MPRA Paper 13704, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cohen, Daniel, 1993. "Growth and external debt," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9302, CEPREMAP.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Webb, Steven B & Corsetti, Giancarlo, 1992.
"Household Saving in Developing Countries: First Cross-Country Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 529-547, September.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus*Webb, Steven B.*Corsetti,, 1991. "Household saving in developing countries : first cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 575, The World Bank.
- Luiz Carlos Bresser-Pereira, 2002. "Brazil's Quasi-Stagnation and the Growth cum Foreign Savings Strategy," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 76-102.
- Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida & Smith, Ron, 1996. "Current Account Solvency and the Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 620-627, May.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1995. "Capital inflows to Latin America with reference to the Asian experience," MPRA Paper 13840, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barry Eichengreen & David Leblang, 2003.
"Capital account liberalization and growth: was Mr. Mahathir right?,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 205-224.
- Barry Eichengreen & David Leblang, 2003. "Capital Account Liberalization and Growth: Was Mr. Mahathir Right?," NBER Working Papers 9427, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pereira, Luiz C. Bresser, 2002. "Financiamento para o subdesenvolvimento, o Brasil e o segundo consenso de Washington," Textos para discussão 119, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Fry, Maxwell J, 1978. "Money and Capital or Financial Deepening in Economic Development?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 464-475, November.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1994. "Capital inflows to Latin America," MPRA Paper 13406, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Passarella, Marco, 2011. "From the village fair to Wall Street. The Italian reception of Minsky’s economic thought," MPRA Paper 49593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pasquale Tridico, "undated". "Economic policies and growth strategies after the crisis: different approaches in USA, Japan and EU," Working Papers 0015, ASTRIL - Associazione Studi e Ricerche Interdisciplinari sul Lavoro.
- Tropeano, D., 2013. "Financial Fragility in the Current European crisis," CITYPERC Working Paper Series 2013-09, Department of International Politics, City University London.
- Matthieu Charpe & Peter Flaschel & Christian R. Proaño, 2012. "Income Distribution, Credit Rationing And Households' Debt," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 458-492, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:ijpoec:v:39:y:2010:i:2:p:41-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MIJP20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.