What are the minimal requirements of rational choice? Arguments from the sequential-decision setting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1977. "Dynamic Restrictions on Metastatic Choice," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 44(176), pages 337-350, November.
- Hammond, Peter J., 1988. "Orderly Decision Theory," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 292-297, October.
- Hammond, P.J. & , ., 1987. "Consequentialist foundations for expected utility," CORE Discussion Papers 1987016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Peter J. Hammond, 1976. "Changing Tastes and Coherent Dynamic Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 159-173.
- Wlodek Rabinowicz, 2000. "Preference stability and substitution of indifferents: a rejoinder to Seidenfeld," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 311-318, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hammond, Peter J & Zank, Horst, 2013. "Rationality and Dynamic Consistency under Risk and Uncertainty," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1033, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsSequential choice; Dynamic decision making; Independence axiom; Ordering axiom; Diachronic Dutch book argument; Expected utility theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:theord:v:68:y:2010:i:4:p:463-487. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.