A new interpretation for the precautionary saving motive: a note
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menegatti, Mario, 2001. "On the Conditions for Precautionary Saving," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 189-193, May.
- A. Sandmo, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 353-360.
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Modigliani, Franco, 1972. "Consumption decisions under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 308-335, December.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279-279.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Menegatti, Mario, 2011. "The risk premium and the effects of risk on agents utility," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 89-94, June.
- Menegatti, Mario, 2009.
"Optimal prevention and prudence in a two-period model,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 393-397, November.
- M. Menegatti, 2008. "Optimal prevention and prudence in a two-period model," Economics Department Working Papers 2008-EP03, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Huang, James & Stapleton, Richard, 2015. "The utility premium of Friedman and Savage, comparative risk aversion, and comparative prudence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 34-36.
- Li, Jingyuan & Liu, Liqun, 2014. "The monetary utility premium and interpersonal comparisons," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 257-260.
- Christian Josef Bauer & Wolfgang Buchholz, 2008. "How Changing Prudence and Risk Aversion Affect Optimal Saving," CESifo Working Paper Series 2438, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marco Magnani & Mario Menegatti, 2015. "Precautionary saving and changes in risk correlation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 561-570.
- Mario Menegatti, 2012. "New results on optimal prevention of risk averse agents," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 2166-2173.
- Baiardi, Donatella & De Donno, Marzia & Magnani, Marco & Menegatti, Mario, 2015. "New results on precautionary saving under two risks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 17-20.
- A. Mantovi, 2013. "Mapping completely proper rationality," Economics Department Working Papers 2013-EP01, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Liu, Liqun, 2014. "Precautionary saving in the large: nth degree deteriorations in future income," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 169-172.
- Donatella Baiardi & Mario Menegatti, 2011.
"Pigouvian tax, abatement policies and uncertainty on the environment,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 103(3), pages 221-251, July.
- M. Menegatti & D. Baiardi, 2010. "Pigouvian Tax, Abatement Policies and Uncertainty on the Environment," Economics Department Working Papers 2010-EP04, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Liqun Liu & Jack Meyer, 2013. "Normalized measures of concavity and Ross’s strongly more risk averse order," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 185-198, October.
- repec:pal:easeco:v:44:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1057_s41302-016-0081-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Donatella Baiardi & Marco Magnani & Mario Menegatti, 2014. "Precautionary saving under many risks," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 113(3), pages 211-228, November.
- Marco Magnani, 2017. "A new interpretation of the condition for precautionary saving in the presence of an interest-rate risk," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 79-87, January.
More about this item
Keywordsprecautionary saving; risk aversion; prudence; D11; D81; E21;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:92:y:2007:i:3:p:275-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.