The origins of the Gini index: extracts from Variabilità e Mutabilità (1912) by Corrado Gini
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lidia Ceriani & Paolo Verme, 2015.
"Individual Diversity and the Gini Decomposition,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 637-646, April.
- Lidia Ceriani & Paolo Verme, 2014. "Individual Diversity and the Gini Decomposition," Working Papers 321, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Ceriani, Lidia & Verme, Paolo, 2014. "Individual diversity and the Gini decomposition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6763, The World Bank.
- repec:kap:jecinq:v:15:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10888-017-9348-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berkhouch, Mohammed & Lakhnati, Ghizlane, 2017. "Extended Gini-type measures of risk and variability," MPRA Paper 80329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:70-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohammed Berkhouch & Ghizlane Lakhnati & Marcelo Brutti Righi, 2017. "Extended Gini-type measures of risk and variability," Papers 1707.07322, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2018.
- Xiaofeng Lv & Gupeng Zhang & Xinkuo Xu & Qinghai Li, 0. "Bootstrap-calibrated empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the difference between two Gini indexes," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 0, pages 1-22.
- Michal Bernard Pietrzak, 2014.
"Redefining The Modifiable Areal Unit Problem Within Spatial Econometrics, The Case Of The Aggregation Problem,"
Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy,
Institute of Economic Research, vol. 9(3), pages 131-151, September.
- Michal Bernard Pietrzak, 2014. "Redefining the Modifiable Areal Unit Problem within spatial econometrics, the case of the aggregation problem," Working Papers 7/2014, Institute of Economic Research, revised May 2014.
- Chopin, Pierre & Doré, Thierry & Guindé, Loïc & Blazy, Jean-Marc, 2015. "MOSAICA: A multi-scale bioeconomic model for the design and ex ante assessment of cropping system mosaics," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 26-39.
- Xiaofeng Lv & Gupeng Zhang & Guangyu Ren, 2017. "Gini index estimation for lifetime data," Lifetime Data Analysis: An International Journal Devoted to Statistical Methods and Applications for Time-to-Event Data, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 275-304, April.
- Peter Lambert, 2013. "From the editor of Rediscovered Classics," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(2), pages 131-132, June.
- James Alm & Ruslan Grigoryev & Marat Kramin & Timur Kramin, 2016. "Testing Kuznetsâ€™ Hypothesis for Russian Regions: Trends and Interpretations," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(2), pages 560-568.
- Hagen, Nils T., 2015. "Contributory inequality alters assessment of academic output gap between comparable countries," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 629-641.
- Chi, Pei-Shan, 2016. "Differing disciplinary citation concentration patterns of book and journal literature?," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 814-829.
- Greselin, Francesca & Zitikis, Ricardas, 2015. "Measuring economic inequality and risk: a unifying approach based on personal gambles, societal preferences and references," MPRA Paper 65892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefania Capecchi & Maria Iannario, 2016. "Gini heterogeneity index for detecting uncertainty in ordinal data surveys," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 74(2), pages 223-232, August.
- repec:spr:metron:v:75:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40300-017-0115-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romero, Natalia & Nozick, Linda K. & Xu, Ningxiong, 2016. "Hazmat facility location and routing analysis with explicit consideration of equity using the Gini coefficient," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 165-181.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2017. "Technological change, rent and income inequalities: A Schumpeterian approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 85-98.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality; Income distribution; Corrado Gini; Gini index;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jecinq:v:10:y:2012:i:3:p:421-443. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.