Participating in the Common Good of the Firm
In a previous essay (Sison and Fontrodona 2012 ), we defined the common good of the firm as collaborative work, insofar as it provides, first, an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills, virtues, and meaning (work as praxis), and second, inasmuch as it produces goods and services to satisfy society’s needs and wants (work as poiesis). We would now like to focus on the participatory aspect of this common good. To do so, we will have to identify the different members of the firm as a community, drawing from corporate citizenship literature and stakeholder theory. Afterward, we will explore both the manner and the intensity of these different members’ participation and its impact on the firm’s common good. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect and the Coase Theorem," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1325-48, December.
- Lloyd Sandelands, 2009. "The Business of Business is the Human Person: Lessons from the Catholic Social Tradition," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(1), pages 93-101, March.
- Nikolaus Franke & Martin Schreier & Ulrike Kaiser, 2010. "The "I Designed It Myself" Effect in Mass Customization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(1), pages 125-140, January.
- Geoff Moore & Richard Slack & Jane Gibbon, 2009. "Criteria for Responsible Business Practice in SMEs: An Exploratory Case of U.K. Fair Trade Organisations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(2), pages 173-188, October.
- Dong-Woon Kim, 2003. "Interlocking Ownership in the Korean "Chaebol"," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 132-142, 04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:113:y:2013:i:4:p:611-625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.