Concavity of utility, concavity of welfare, and redistribution of income
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Choi, E. Kwan & Menezes, Carmen F., 1992. "Is relative risk aversion greater than one?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 43-54.
- Campbell, John Y, 1996.
"Understanding Risk and Return,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 298-345, April.
- John Y. Campbell, 1993. "Understanding Risk and Return," NBER Working Papers 4554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John, 1996. "Understanding Risk and Return," Scholarly Articles 3153293, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell, 1995. "Understanding Risk and Return," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1711, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Louis Kaplow, 2005.
"The Value of a Statistical Life and the Coefficient of Relative Risk Aversion,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 23-34, July.
- Louis Kaplow, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life and the Coefficient of Relative Risk Aversion," NBER Working Papers 9852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Slemrod, Joel & Yitzhaki, Shlomo & Mayshar, Joram & Lundholm, Michael, 1994. "The optimal two-bracket linear income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 269-290, February.
- Stern, N. H., 1976. "On the specification of models of optimum income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 123-162.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stark, Oded & Falniowski, Fryderyk & Jakubek, Marcin, 2016.
"Consensus income distribution,"
250120, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Stark, Oded & Falniowski, Fryderyk & Jakubek, Marcin, 2017. "Consensus income distribution," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 96, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Boadway, Robin & Song, Zhen, 2016.
"Indirect taxes for redistribution: Should necessity goods be favored?,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 64-88.
- Robin Boadway & Pierre Pestieau, 2011. "Indirect Taxes for Redistribution: Should Necessity Goods be Favored?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3667, CESifo Group Munich.
- BOADWAY, Robin & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2011. "Indirect taxes for redistribution: should necessity goods be favored?," CORE Discussion Papers 2011066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marc Dubois & Stephane Mussard, 2015. "On Income and Utility Generalised Transfer Principles in a Welfarist-Paretian Separable Framework," Cahiers de recherche 15-09, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Yamaguchi, Rintaro, 2012. "Discounting, Distribution and Disaggregation," MPRA Paper 46322, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:revinw:v:63:y:2017:i:4:p:899-911 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mæstad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof, 2012. "A universal preference for equality in health? Reasons to reconsider properties of applied social welfare functions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(10), pages 1836-1843.
- Matthew Adler & Nicolas Treich, 2015. "Prioritarianism and Climate Change," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 62(2), pages 279-308, October.
- Dietrich, Stephan & Malerba, Daniele & Barrientos, Armando & Gassmann, Franziska, 2017. "Rates of return to antipoverty transfers in Uganda," MERIT Working Papers 040, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
KeywordsConcavity; Redistribution; Social welfare function; Optimal income taxation; Inequality; D31; D63; H21; H23;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:17:y:2010:i:1:p:25-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .