A Note on the Effect of Transactions Costs on Real Estate Investment Return
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George M. Constantinides, 2005. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Sudipto Bhattacharya & George M Constantinides (ed.), Theory Of Valuation, chapter 7, pages 207-227, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
"A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Kenneth M. Lusht, 1988. "The Real Estate Pricing Puzzle," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 95-104, June.
- W. B. Brueggeman & A. H. Chen & T. G. Thibodeau, 1984. "Real Estate Investment Funds: Performance and Portfolio Considerations," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 12(3), pages 333-354, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Matthew Spiegel & Xiaotong Wang, 2005. "Cross-sectional Variation in Stock Returns: Liquidity and Idiosyncratic Risk," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2540, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2006.
- Amihud, Yakov, 2002. "Illiquidity and stock returns: cross-section and time-series effects," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 31-56, January.
- Matthias Bank & Martin Larch & Georg Peter, 2011. "Google search volume and its influence on liquidity and returns of German stocks," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 25(3), pages 239-264, September.
- David Geltner, 1989. "Estimating Real Estate's Systematic Risk from Aggregate Level Appraisal‐Based Returns," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(4), pages 463-481, December.
- Heidle, Hans Gerhard, 1999. "Market Microstructure and Asset Pricing: A Survey," Discussion Papers 691, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Weill, Pierre-Olivier, 2008.
"Liquidity premia in dynamic bargaining markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 66-96, May.
- Pierre-Olivier Weill, 2004. "Liquidity Premia in Dynamic Bargaining Markets," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 648, Econometric Society.
- Lipson, Marc L. & Mortal, Sandra, 2009. "Liquidity and capital structure," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 611-644, November.
- Malik Muhammad Shehr Yar & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2014. "Liquidity Benefits From Underpricing: Evidence from Initial Public Offerings Listed at Karachi Stock Exchange," PIDE-Working Papers 2014:101, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Robert C. Merton & Zvi Bodie, 2005.
"Design Of Financial Systems: Towards A Synthesis Of Function And Structure,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: H Gifford Fong (ed.), The World Of Risk Management, chapter 1, pages 1-27,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Robert C. Merton & Zvi Bodie, 2004. "The Design of Financial Systems: Towards a Synthesis of Function and Structure," NBER Working Papers 10620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jamus Jerome Lim & Terence Tan, 2016.
"Endogenous transactions costs and institutions in the 2007/08 financial crisis,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 56-85, February.
- Jamus Jerome Lim & Terence Tan, 2016. "Endogenous transactions costs and institutions in the 2007/08 financial crisis," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 56-85, February.
- Ryan T. Ball, 2013. "Does Anticipated Information Impose a Cost on Risk‐Averse Investors? A Test of the Hirshleifer Effect," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 31-66, March.
- Reza Bradrania, M. & Peat, Maurice & Satchell, Stephen, 2015. "Liquidity costs, idiosyncratic volatility and expected stock returns," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 394-406.
- Shiha, Amr N. & Chavas, Jean-Paul, 1992. "Capital Market Segmentation and US Farm Real Estate Pricing: A Study of the Effects of Barriers to Nonfarm Equity Capital in Agriculture," Staff Papers 200559, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Thomas G. Thibodeau & Halbert C. Smith, 2009. "Evolution of the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association1," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 559-598, December.
- Christian Leuz & Peter D. Wysocki, 2016. "The Economics of Disclosure and Financial Reporting Regulation: Evidence and Suggestions for Future Research," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 525-622, May.
- Jorida Papakroni, 2018. "The dispersion anomaly and analyst recommendations," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 861-896, April.
- Datar, Vinay, 2001. "Impact of liquidity on premia/discounts in closed-end funds," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 119-135.
- Hans B. Christensen & Luzi Hail & Christian Leuz, 2019. "Mandatory CSR and Sustainability Reporting: Economic Analysis and Literature Review," NBER Working Papers 26169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 2000.
"Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage, and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 265-295, February.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 1998. "Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies," NBER Working Papers 6553, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mondher Bellalah & Akeb Hakim & Kehan Si & Detao Zhang, 0. "Long term optimal investment with regime switching: inflation, information and short sales," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-14.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:6:n:1:1991:p:113-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.