Managing Supply Chain Demand Variability with Scheduled Ordering Policies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward J. McGavin & Leroy B. Schwarz & James E. Ward, 1993. "Two-Interval Inventory-Allocation Policies in a One-Warehouse N-Identical-Retailer Distribution System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(9), pages 1092-1107, September.
- Stephen C. Graves, 1996. "A Multiechelon Inventory Model with Fixed Replenishment Intervals," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Steven Nahmias & Stephen A. Smith, 1994. "Optimizing Inventory Levels in a Two-Echelon Retailer System with Partial Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(5), pages 582-596, May.
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 1997. "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 546-558, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Erenguc, S. Selcuk & Simpson, N. C. & Vakharia, Asoo J., 1999. "Integrated production/distribution planning in supply chains: An invited review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 219-236, June.
- K. Balaji Reddy & S. Narayanan & S.R. Raju, 2012. "A staggered ordering model for push demand case in a supply chain of the confectionery industry: a case study," International Journal of Business Performance Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 13(1), pages 87-102.
- de Kok, Ton & Grob, Christopher & Laumanns, Marco & Minner, Stefan & Rambau, Jörg & Schade, Konrad, 2018. "A typology and literature review on stochastic multi-echelon inventory models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 269(3), pages 955-983.
- Gérard P. Cachon, 2001. "Exact Evaluation of Batch-Ordering Inventory Policies in Two-Echelon Supply Chains with Periodic Review," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 49(1), pages 79-98, February.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Marshall Fisher, 2000. "Supply Chain Inventory Management and the Value of Shared Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1032-1048, August.
- Solis, Adriano O. & Schmidt, Charles P., 2007. "Stochastic leadtimes in a one-warehouse, N-retailer inventory system with the warehouse not carrying stock," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 1004-1013, September.
- Ki Ling Cheung & Warren H. Hausman, 2000. "An Exact Performance Evaluation for the Supplier in a Two-Echelon Inventory System," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 48(4), pages 646-653, August.
- van der Vorst, Jack G. A. J. & Beulens, Adrie J. M. & van Beek, Paul, 2000. "Modelling and simulating multi-echelon food systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 354-366, April.
- van der Heijden, Matthieu C., 1999. "Multi-echelon inventory control in divergent systems with shipping frequencies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 331-351, July.
- Geert-Jan van Houtum & Alan Scheller-Wolf & Jinxin Yi, 2007. "Optimal Control of Serial Inventory Systems with Fixed Replenishment Intervals," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(4), pages 674-687, August.
- Gerard Cachon, 2001. "Managing a Retailer's Shelf Space, Inventory, and Transportation," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 211-229, July.
- Stephen C. Graves, 1999. "A Single-Item Inventory Model for a Nonstationary Demand Process," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 50-61.
- Sven Axsäter & Johan Marklund & Edward A. Silver, 2002. "Heuristic Methods for Centralized Control of One-Warehouse, N-Retailer Inventory Systems," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(1), pages 75-97, October.
- Kanchanasuntorn, Kanchana & Techanitisawad, Anulark, 2006. "An approximate periodic model for fixed-life perishable products in a two-echelon inventory-distribution system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 101-115, March.
- Huaxiao Shen & Tian Tian & Han Zhu, 2019. "A Two-Echelon Inventory System with a Minimum Order Quantity Requirement," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-22, September.
- Kevin H. Shang & Zhijie Tao & Sean X. Zhou, 2015. "Optimizing Reorder Intervals for Two-Echelon Distribution Systems with Stochastic Demand," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 63(2), pages 458-475, April.
- Wang, Qinan, 2013. "A periodic-review inventory control policy for a two-level supply chain with multiple retailers and stochastic demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(1), pages 53-62.
- Mitra, Subrata & Chatterjee, A. K., 2004. "Leveraging information in multi-echelon inventory systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(1), pages 263-280, January.
- Jang, Wooseung & Kim, Dongwon, 2007. "Integrated production and allocation policies with one direct shipping option," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 716-732, September.
- Fangruo Chen & Rungson Samroengraja, 2000. "A Staggered Ordering Policy for One-Warehouse, Multiretailer Systems," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 48(2), pages 281-293, April.
More about this item
Keywordssupply chain management; multi-echelon inventory; bullwhip effect;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:45:y:1999:i:6:p:843-856. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.