On the Optimal Allocation of Work in Symmetrically Unbalanced Production Line Systems with Variable Operation Times
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Powell, Stephen G., 2000. "Specialization, teamwork, and production efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 205-218, October.
- Hyoungtae Kim & Sungsoo Park, 1999. "Optimality of the Symmetric Workload Allocation in a Single-Server Flow Line System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 449-451, March.
- Kirkavak, Nureddin & Dincer, Cemal, 1999. "The general behavior of pull production systems: The allocation problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 479-494, December.
- Boysen, Nils & Fliedner, Malte & Scholl, Armin, 2008.
"Assembly line balancing: Which model to use when,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 509-528, February.
- Nils Boysen & Malte Fliedner & Armin Scholl, 2006. "Assembly line balancing: Which model to use when?," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 23/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Liming Liu & Xiaoming Liu & David D. Yao, 2004. "Analysis and Optimization of a Multistage Inventory-Queue System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(3), pages 365-380, March.
- Urban, Timothy L. & Chiang, Wen-Chyuan, 2016. "Designing energy-efficient serial production lines: The unpaced synchronous line-balancing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(3), pages 789-801.
- Baker, Kenneth R. & Powell, Stephen G., 1995. "A predictive model for the throughput of simple assembly systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 336-345, March.
More about this item
Keywordsinventory/production: stochastic systems; production/scheduling: line balancing; queues;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:25:y:1979:i:8:p:721-728. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.