The Canadian Pacific Railway Transforms Operations by Using Models to Develop Its Operating Plans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William C. Jordan & Mark A. Turnquist, 1983. "A Stochastic, Dynamic Network Model for Railroad Car Distribution," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 123-145, May.
- Michael F. Gorman, 1998. "Santa Fe Railway Uses an Operating-Plan Model to Improve Its Service Design," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 28(4), pages 1-12, August.
- Michael Francis Gorman, 1998. "An application of genetic and tabu searches to the freight railroad operating plan problem," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 78(0), pages 51-69, January.
- Christopher L. Huntley & Donald E. Brown & David E. Sappington & Bernard P. Markowicz, 1995. "Freight Routing and Scheduling at CSX Transportation," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 58-71, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael F. Gorman & Dharma Acharya & David Sellers, 2010. "CSX Railway Uses OR to Cash In on Optimized Equipment Distribution," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 5-16, February.
- repec:exl:1trans:v:11:y:2016:i:4:p:57-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Endong Zhu & Teodor Gabriel Crainic & Michel Gendreau, 2014. "Scheduled Service Network Design for Freight Rail Transportation," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 383-400, April.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:12:d:10.1057_s41274-017-0187-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transb:v:118:y:2018:i:c:p:1-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael F. Gorman & John-Paul Clarke & Amir Hossein Gharehgozli & Michael Hewitt & René de Koster & Debjit Roy, 2014. "State of the Practice: A Review of the Application of OR/MS in Freight Transportation," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 535-554, December.
- Chen, C. & Dollevoet, T.A.B. & Zhao, J., 2017. "One-block train formation in large-scale railway networks: An exact model and a tree-based decomposition algorithm," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI-2017-32, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsdecision analysis: applications; transportation: freight-materials handling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:orinte:v:34:y:2004:i:1:p:5-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Mirko Janc to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.