Competing Claims and Contested Boundaries: Legitimating Land Rights in Isiolo District, Northern Kenya
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lesorogol, Carolyn K., 2005. "Privatizing pastoral lands: economic and normative outcomes in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1959-1978, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nyong Princely Awazi & Amy Quandt, 2021. "Livelihood resilience to environmental changes in areas of Kenya and Cameroon: a comparative analysis," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 165(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Amy Quandt, 2019. "Variability in perceptions of household livelihood resilience and drought at the intersection of gender and ethnicity," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Clemens Greiner & Michael Bollig & J. Terrence McCabe, 2011. "Notes on Land-based Conflicts in Kenya’s Arid Areas," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 46(3), pages 77-81.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lenyeletse V. Basupi & Claire H. Quinn & Andrew J. Dougill, 2017. "Pastoralism and Land Tenure Transformation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Conflicting Policies and Priorities in Ngamiland, Botswana," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-17, December.
- Bambio, Yiriyibin & Bouayad Agha, Salima, 2018. "Land tenure security and investment: Does strength of land right really matter in rural Burkina Faso?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 130-147.
- Harris,Colin & Cai,Meina & Murtazashvili,Ilia & Murtazashvili,Jennifer Brick, 2020. "The Origins and Consequences of Property Rights," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781108969055, December.
- Behnke, Roy, 2018. "Open access and the sovereign commons: A political ecology of pastoral land tenure," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 708-718.
- Carrie B. Kerekes & Claudia R. Williamson, 2010. "Propertyless in Peru, Even with a Government Land Title," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(3), pages 1011-1033, July.
- M. Aufderheide & C. Voigts & C. HÃ¼lsebusch & B. Kaufmann, 2013. "Decent work? How self-employed pastoralists and employed herders on ranches perceive their working conditions," ICDD Working Papers 7, University of Kassel, Fachbereich Gesellschaftswissenschaften (Social Sciences), Internatioanl Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD).
- Schnegg, Michael & Linke, Theresa, 2015. "Living Institutions: Sharing and Sanctioning Water among Pastoralists in Namibia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 205-214.
- Kassie, Menale & Ndiritu, Simon Wagura & Stage, Jesper, 2014. "What Determines Gender Inequality in Household Food Security in Kenya? Application of Exogenous Switching Treatment Regression," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 153-171.
- Shari L. Rodriguez & M. Nils Peterson & Frederick W. Cubbage & Erin O. Sills & Howard D. Bondell, 2018. "What is Private Land Stewardship? Lessons from Agricultural Opinion Leaders in North Carolina," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-12, January.
More about this item
KeywordsKenya; land tenure; land law; social conflicts; reforms;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gig:afjour:v:46:y:2011:i:2:p:99-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dueiide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Andreas Mehler The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Andreas Mehler to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dueiide.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.