The public-private pay gap: a robust quantile approach
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Domenico Depalo & Raffaela Giordano, 2011. "The public-private pay gap: a robust quantile approach," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 824, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fabien Postel-Vinay & Hélène Turon, 2007.
"The Public Pay Gap in Britain: Small Differences That (Don't?) Matter,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(523), pages 1460-1503, October.
- Postel-Vinay, Fabien & Turon, Hélène, 2005. "The Public Pay Gap in Britain: Small Differences That (Don't?) Matter," IZA Discussion Papers 1637, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fabien Postel-Vinay & Hélène Turon, 2005. "The Public Pay Gap in Britain: Small Differences That (Don't?) Matter," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 05/121, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Postel-Vinay, Fabien & Turon, Hélène, 2005. "The Public Pay Gap in Britain: Small Differences That (Don’t?) Matter," CEPR Discussion Papers 5296, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Helene Turon & Fabien Postel-Vinay, 2005. "The Public Pay Gap in Britain: Small Differences that (Don't?) Matter," 2005 Meeting Papers 92, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Bargain, Olivier & Melly, Blaise, 2008. "Public Sector Pay Gap in France: New Evidence Using Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 3427, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Heyes, Anthony, 2005.
"The economics of vocation or 'why is a badly paid nurse a good nurse'?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 561-569, May.
- Anthony Heyes, 2003. "The Economics of Vocation or Why is a Badly Paid Nurse a Good Nurse?," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 03/4, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Dec 2003.
- Rosella Levaggi, 2007.
"Tax Evasion and the Cost of Public Sector Activities,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 35(5), pages 572-585, September.
- Rosella Levaggi, 2006. "Tax evasion and the cost of public sector activities," Working Papers ubs0616, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Carlo Dell'Aringa & Claudio Lucifora & Federica Origo, 2007.
"Public Sector Pay And Regional Competitiveness. A First Look At Regional Public–Private Wage Differentials In Italy,"
University of Manchester, vol. 75(4), pages 445-478, July.
- Dell’Aringa, Carlo & Lucifora, Claudio & Origo, Federica, 2005. "Public Sector Pay and Regional Competitiveness: A First Look at Regional Public-Private Wage Differentials in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 1828, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mário Centeno & Pedro Portugal & Economic Bulletin, 2001. "Wages of Civil Servants," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Holmlund, Bertil, 1993.
"Wage setting in private and public sectors in a model with endogenous government behavior,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 149-162, May.
- Holmlund, B., 1991. "Wage Setting in Private and Public Sectors in a Model with Endogenous Government Behavior," Papers 1991i, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Lorenzo Forni & Raffaela Giordano, 2003. "Employment in the Public Sector," CESifo Working Paper Series 1085, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bender, Keith A, 1998. " The Central Government-Private Sector Wage Differential," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 177-220, April.
- Claudio Lucifora & Dominique Meurs, 2006.
"The Public Sector Pay Gap In France, Great Britain And Italy,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(1), pages 43-59, March.
- Lucifora, Claudio & Meurs, Dominique, 2004. "The Public Sector Pay Gap in France, Great Britain and Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 1041, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lucifora C. & Meurs D., 2004. "The Public Sector Pay Gap in France, Great Britain and Italy," Working Papers ERMES 0403, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Claudio Lucifora & Dominique Meurs, 2004. "The Public Sector Pay Gap in France, Great Britain and Italy," CHILD Working Papers wp04_04, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Dustmann, Christian & van Soest, Arthur, 1998.
"Public and private sector wages of male workers in Germany,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1417-1441, September.
- Dustmann, C. & van Soest, A., 1997. "Public and Private Sector Wages of Male Workers in Germany," Economics Working Papers eco97/13, European University Institute.
- Francesca Barigozzi & Gilberto Turati, 2009. "Human Health Care and Selection Effects. Understanding Labour Supply in the Market for Nurses," CHILD Working Papers wp18_09, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Breusch, Trevor & Qian, Hailong & Schmidt, Peter & Wyhowski, Donald, 1999. "Redundancy of moment conditions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 89-111, July.
- Niskanen, William A, 1975. "Bureaucrats and Politicians," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 617-643, December.
- Joshua Angrist & Victor Chernozhukov & Iván Fernández-Val, 2006.
"Quantile Regression under Misspecification, with an Application to the U.S. Wage Structure,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(2), pages 539-563, March.
- Joshua Angrist & Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val, 2004. "Quantile Regression under Misspecification, with an Application to the U.S. Wage Structure," NBER Working Papers 10428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregory, Robert G. & Borland, Jeff, 1999. "Recent developments in public sector labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 3573-3630, Elsevier.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hansen, Christian & Jansson, Michael, 2007. "Inference approaches for instrumental variable quantile regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 272-277, May.
- Blaise Melly, 2005. "Public-private sector wage differentials in Germany: Evidence from quantile regression," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 505-520, September.
- Carlo V Fiorio & Francesco D'Amuri, 2005. "Workers' Tax Evasion in Italy," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 64(2-3), pages 247-270, November.
- Don Bellante & Albert N. Link, 1981. "Are Public Sector Workers More Risk Averse Than Private Sector Workers?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 34(3), pages 408-412, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antón, José-Ignacio & Muñoz de Bustillo, Rafael, 2013.
"Public-private sector wage differentials in Spain. An updated picture in the midst of the Great Recession,"
48897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- José-Ignacio Antón & Rafael MUÑOZ DE BUSTILLO, 2015. "Public-Private Sector Wage Differentials in Spain. An Updated Picture in the Midst of the Great Recession," Economics working papers 2015-10, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Domenico Depalo & Raffaela Giordano & Evangelia Papapetrou, 2015.
"Public–private wage differentials in euro-area countries: evidence from quantile decomposition analysis,"
Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 985-1015, November.
- Domenico Depalo & Raffaela Giordano & Evangelia Papapetrou, 2013. "Public-private wage differentials in euro area countries: evidence from quantile decomposition analysis," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 907, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gabriela Grotkowska & Leszek Wincenciak & Tomasz Gajderowicz, 2017.
"Evolution of the Public-Sector Wage Premium in Poland,"
Warsaw School of Economics, issue 1, pages 5-31.
- Gabriela Grotkowska & Leszek Wincenciak & Tomasz Gajderowicz, 2016. "Evolution of the public-sector wage premium in Poland," Working Papers 2016-13, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- repec:spr:izalpo:v:7:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s40173-017-0093-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pra:mprapa:48888 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jelena Lausev, 2014. "WHAT HAS 20 YEARS OF PUBLIC–PRIVATE PAY GAP LITERATURE TOLD US? EASTERN EUROPEAN TRANSITIONING vs. DEVELOPED ECONOMIES," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 516-550, July.
- Kollintzas, Tryphon & Papageorgiou, Dimitris & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 2013. "A Neoclassical Growth Model for the Insiders – Outsiders Society," CEPR Discussion Papers 9640, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tryphon Kollintzas & Dimitris Papageorgiou & Efthymios Tsionas & Vanghelis Vassilatos, 2018.
"Market and political power interactions in Greece: an empirical investigation,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 7(1), pages 1-43, December.
- Tryphon Kollintzas & Dimitris Papageorgiou & Efthymios Tsionas & Vanghelis Vassilatos, 2016. "Market and Political Power Interactions in Greece:An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 201606, Athens University Of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordspublic employment; wage di_erentials; wage determination;
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gde:journl:gde_v70_n1_p25-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erika Somma) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Erika Somma to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.gde.unibocconi.it/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.