The Shifting Shape of Risk: Endogenous Market Failure for Insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2007.
"Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 745-788, June.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2005. "Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice," NBER Working Papers 11461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2005. "Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice," Discussion Papers 04-031, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Charpentier, Arthur & Le Maux, Benoît, 2014.
"Natural catastrophe insurance: How should the government intervene?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 1-17.
- Arthur Charpentier & Benoît Le Maux, 2014. "Natural catastrophe insurance: How should the government intervene?," Post-Print halshs-01018022, HAL.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00536925 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Gruber & Helen Levy, 2009. "The Evolution of Medical Spending Risk," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(4), pages 25-48, Fall.
- Boyan Jovanovic, 1982. "Favorable Selection with Asymmetric Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(3), pages 535-539.
- Carl M. Harris, 1968. "The Pareto Distribution as a Queue Service Discipline," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 307-313, April.
- Carolyn Kousky & Roger Cooke, 2012. "Explaining the Failure to Insure Catastrophic Risks," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 37(2), pages 206-227, April.
- J. David Cummins, 2006. "Should the government provide insurance for catastrophes?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 337-380.
- Thomas G. Koch, 2014. "Bankruptcy, Medical Insurance, And A Law With Unintended Consequences," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(11), pages 1326-1339, November.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk sharing; medical insurance; adverse selection;
- C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jrisks:v:5:y:2017:i:1:p:9-:d:88917. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .