Channels of small-arms proliferation: Policy implications for Asia-Pacific
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Imbens, Guido & van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 1995.
"Evaluating the Cost of Conscription in The Netherlands,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 207-215, April.
- Imbens, G. & Van Der Klaauw, W., 1993. "Evaluating the Cost of Conscription in the Netherlands," Working Papers 93-24, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Imbens, G. & Van Der Klaauw, W., 1993. "Evaluating the Cost of Conscription in the Netherlands," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1632, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Charles B. Knapp, 1973. "A Human Capital Approach to the Burden of the Military Draft," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 485-496.
- Gordon, Roger H. & Bai, Chong-En & Li, David D., 1999. "Efficiency losses from tax distortions vs. government control," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1095-1103, April.
- Katarina Keller & Panu Poutvaara & Andreas Wagener, 2009.
"Military Draft And Economic Growth In Oecd Countries,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 373-393, October.
- Keller, Katarina & Poutvaara, Panu & Wagener, Andreas, 2006. "Military Draft and Economic Growth in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 2022, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Keller, Katarina & Poutvaara, Panu & Wagener, Andreas, 2009. "Military draft and economic growth in oecd countries," Munich Reprints in Economics 19477, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Angrist, Joshua D, 1990.
"Lifetime Earnings and the Vietnam Era Draft Lottery: Evidence from Social Security Administrative Records,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 313-336, June.
- Joshua D. Angrist, 1989. "Lifetime Earnings and the Vietnam Era Draft Lottery: Evidence from Social Security Administrative Records," Working Papers 631, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Spencer, Daniel L & Woroniak, Alexander, 1969. "Valuing Transfer of Military-Acquired Skills to Civilian Employment," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 467-492.
- Levy, Amnon, 2004. "Should They Be Enlisted at Eighteen Years of Age?," Economics Working Papers wp04-04, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Casey B. Mulligan, 2005.
"Conscription as Regulation,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 85-111.
- Casey Mulligan & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "Conscription as Regulation," Working Paper 19486, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Casey Mulligan & Andrei Shleifer, 2004. "Conscription as Regulation," NBER Working Papers 10558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mulligan, C. B. & Shleifer, Andrei, 2005. "Conscription as Regulation," Scholarly Articles 27867136, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Seung-Whan Choi & Patrick James, 2003. "No Professional Soldiers, No Militarized Interstate Disputes?," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 47(6), pages 796-816, December.
- Warner, John T., 1995. "The economics of military manpower," Handbook of Defense Economics,in: Keith Hartley & Todd Sandler (ed.), Handbook of Defense Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 347-398 Elsevier.
- John T. Warner & Beth J. Asch, 2001. "The Record and Prospects of the All-Volunteer Military in the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 169-192, Spring.
- Angrist, Joshua D, 1990. "Lifetime Earnings and the Vietnam Era Draft Lottery: Evidence from Social Security Administrative Records: Errata," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1284-1286, December.
- Morten I. Lau & Panu Poutvaara & Andreas Wagener, 2004. "Dynamic Costs of the Draft," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(4), pages 381-406, November.
- J. Paul Dunne & Ron Smith & Dirk Willenbockel, 2005.
"Models Of Military Expenditure And Growth: A Critical Review,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 449-461.
- J Paul Dunne & Ron Smith & Dirk Willenbockel, 2004. "Models of Military Expenditure and Growth: A Critical Review," Working Papers 0408, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jurgen Brauer & J. Paul Dunne, 2011. "Macroeconomics and Violence," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Conflict, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Topher L. McDougal & Athena Kolbe & Robert Muggah & Nicholas Marsh, 2014. "Ammunition Leakage From The Military To Civilian Markets: Market Price Evidence From Haiti, 2004 - 2012," SADO - Working Papers 192, Small Arms Data Observatory.
More about this item
KeywordsPeace; security; firearms; small arms; proliferation;
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:epc:journl:v:3:y:2008:i:1:p:79-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jurgen Brauer, Editor, EPSJ). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecaarea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .