Accounting and everyday life: towards a cultural context for accounting research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingrid Jeacle, 2005. "Accounting and the Construction of Taste: Standard Labour Costs and the Georgian Cabinet-Maker," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 41(2), pages 117-137.
- Hopwood, Anthony G., 1983. "On trying to study accounting in the contexts in which it operates," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 287-305, May.
- Annisette, Marcia, 2003. "The colour of accountancy: examining the salience of race in a professionalisation project," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(7-8), pages 639-674.
- Walker, S. P., 1998. "How to secure your husband's esteem. Accounting and private patriarchy in the British middle class household during the nineteenth century," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 485-514.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:64:y:2018:i:c:p:44-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Smith & Kerry Jacobs, 2011. "“Breaking up the sky”: The characterisation of accounting and accountants in popular music," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(7), pages 904-931, September.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:34:y:2016:i:c:p:36-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garry D. Carnegie & Christopher J. Napier, 2012. "Accounting's past, present and future: the unifying power of history," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 328-369, February.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:54-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeacle, Ingrid & Carter, Chris, 2011. "In TripAdvisor we trust: Rankings, calculative regimes and abstract systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 293-309.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:22:y:2011:i:6:p:593-607 is not listed on IDEAS
- Killian, Sheila, 2015. "“For lack of accountability”: The logic of the price in Ireland’s Magdalen Laundries," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 17-32.
More about this item
KeywordsAccounting; Consumerism; Culture; Architecture; Leisure activities; Entertainment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:qrampp:v:6:y:2009:i:3:p:120-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.