Private investment and democracy in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James, Jeffrey & Steward, Frances, 1981. "New Products: A Discussion of the Welfare Effects of the Introduction of New Products in Developing Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 81-107, March.
- James, Jeffrey, 1980. "The employment effects of an income redistribution : A test for aggregation bias in the Indian sugar processing industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 175-189, April.
- White, Lawrence J, 1978. "The Evidence on Appropriate Factor Proportions for Manufacturing in Less Developed Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 27-59, October.
- Morawetz, David, 1974. "Employment Implications of Industrialisation in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 84(335), pages 491-542, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Quan V. Le, 2004. "Political and economic determinants of private investment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 589-604.
- Quan Vu Le & Meenakshi Rishi, 2010. "Examining the dimensions of governance that are relevant for private investment," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 1(1), pages 1-5, April.
- Chen, Baizhu & Feng, Yi, 1996. "Some political determinants of economic growth: Theory and empirical implications," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 609-627, December.
- Kinda, Romuald, 2010.
"Democratic institutions and environmental quality: effects and transmission channels,"
27455, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kinda, Somlanare Romuald, 2011. "Democratic Institutions and Environmental Quality: Effects and Transmission Channels," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 46, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Romuald, Kinda Somlanare, 2011. "Democratic Institutions and Environmental Quality: Effects and Transmission Channels," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 120396, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Manuel Couret Branco, 2006. "The Political Economy of Democratic Governance and Economic Development," Economics Working Papers 12_2006, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Boyce, James K., 1995. "Adjustment toward peace: An introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2067-2077, December.
- Pastor, Manuel Jr. & Conroy, Michael E., 1995. "Distributional implications of macroeconomic policy: Theory and applications to El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2117-2131, December.
- repec:rss:jnljee:v3i2p4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luintel, Kul B. & Mavrotas, George, 2005. "Examining Private Investment Heterogeneity: Evidence from a Dynamic Panel," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2005/11, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Agarwal, Jamuna Prasad, 1993. "Lateinamerika im internationalen Wettbewerb um deutsche Direktinvestitionen," Kiel Discussion Papers 215, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Metaxas, Theodore & Kechagia, Polyxeni, 2016. "Literature review of 100 empirical studies of Foreign Direct Investment: 1950-2015," MPRA Paper 71414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosa Forte & Nancy Santos, 2015. "A cluster analysis of FDI in Latin America," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 52(1), pages 25-56, May.
- Jeffrey A. Edwards & Jennis J. Biser, 2011. "The interactive effect of remittances and civil liberties on investment and consumption," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(1), pages 20-33, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:21:y:1993:i:4:p:489-507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .